Building off the positive response to the announcement of Event Horizon’s upcoming title Dark Envoy, the developers have released a new trailer showing a taste of what gameplay awaits Gamescom attendees this week. A non-linear RPG, Dark Envoy offers free world exploration with an emphasis on tactical combat layered with lore and strategy.
Wishlist on Steam here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/945770/Dark_Envoy/
- Non-linear RPG with turn-based combat accompanied by a real-time pre-combat phase where tactics and party power are equally important.
- Player choices impact the world: it can be destroyed or saved, and the stories that unfold will lead to multiple endings reflecting the characters’ personalities and decisions.
- Co-written by Michael Chatfield, an Amazon Top 100 Science Fiction / Fantasy writer.
- 15 unique character classes to discover – with the ability to mix skill trees – including some rare classes which can only be found in remote locations or through chained quests.
- Combat animations recorded using the studio’s own mocap and a kung-fu master acting out various fighting styles.
- Can be played solo, two player co-op, as well as a new mode called Player vs World where Player 2 acts as the final boss seeking to destroy Player 1 before they become too powerful.
- High-replayability factor due to large pool of quests and world events. One cannot uncover all of the content in a single playthrough.