Developer Clock Drive Games has announced its highly-anticipated dark fantasy, action-RPG Warlander, is coming to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Previously announced for PC, Warlander will bring fast-paced sword-slashing adventure to console players in late 2019.
“The games we drew inspiration from such as Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, played beautifully on console so we’re aiming to bring that same rich and premium experience to the players,” said Goran Rajsic, creative director for Clock Drive Games. “With deep RPG mechanics and incredibly smooth combat mechanics, Warlander will be a title with tons of replay value for our fans.”
“We struck the perfect balance of sword-fighting gameplay, an in-game progression system, and customizable RPG elements that captured the essence of the genre but also added our own twist to it.”
A full list of features include:
- Brutal combat system with unique swordplay that’s fun to play yet hard to master
- Ragdoll physics and mesh slicing giving you the feeling of cutting through real flesh and creating satisfying finishing kills
- Challenging enemy variety that requires tactical thinking and skillful swordplay
- Fully voiced storyline with immersive narrative focusing on the dynamic relationship between the hero and his sentient sword.
- Vivid art and character design
- RPG character progression with multiple combat abilities and upgrades
- Explore a dark fantasy world filled with intrigue and danger
- Replayable gameplay with different skills from skill trees
- Use the environment itself as a weapon to crush your enemies