Loco players is an indie game studio developing Goner, a dinosaur themed video game. Right now live on Kickstarter, the campaign has been 40% funded in just 48 hours, as the community support grows exponentially.
Goner is a survival adventure game in first person perspective starring Anthony Sunder. It’s important to say that Anthony is not a soldier, or a warrior nor a specialist survivor. He is just a regular boy involved in a situation that exceeds his capabilities. Alone and defenseless, he will need to fight to get to live another day stranded on an unknown island inhabited by dinosaurs and hostile members of a lost civilization gone wild.
In the following link you can find the kickstarter campaign:
Goner will bring the sense of terror from the Jurassic park novels to a video game. Dinosaur and survival horror games fans have been waiting for something more like this for a long time. Not a single firearm, unlike the vast majority of games that use dinosaurs as threats.You will have to face these creatures just by yourself…so, caution and good decision making will be vital to don’t end up being eaten.
If the Kickstarter succeeds, Goner is planned to release on Steam Early Access in about a year. More content, fixes and improvements will be added until the game hits its complete version. If the necessary funds are reached during the crowdfunding campaign, console porting (PS and XBOX) will be done sooner than later, as many other extra features like a Co-Op mode or a modding support.
Goner will have two base game modes:
- Survival Mode: The only goal of this mode is to survive as many days as possible. Rewards and buffs will be unlocked to use/equip in further attempts, as the player accumulates days and feats.
- Story Mode: The game will have an introduction, a main goal, interactable NPCs, side tasks and a resolution. No multiple endings, but some decision making will change the journey in a certain way. It will be a main villain and other characters with their own background and stories to interact with.
Loco Players are working on creating a world that feels as alive as possible. They are implementing some interesting features on the dinosaur’s behaviors. Predators will roam the island looking for something to eat. They will detect prey by eyesight, sound and scent. They will communicate and organize attacks, react and learn from player’s actions.
More features listed below:
- Camouflage: Hide your scent covering your body with mud. There will be more (unpleasant and dangerous) ways of disguising your smell, as well.
- Survival Mechanics: Stats and inventory management. Activities like hunting, fishing, cooking…Craft and improve items and tools. Build shelters and traps.
- Survival Horror Mechanics: There will be “safe spots” where you can rest, build, craft and prepare without any danger. You will need to find specific flints to be able to save your progress at your bases. Inventory will be limited and weapons mostly ineffective against certain big or fast aggressive animals. Run, hide and avoid dangers.
- Skills: By repetition and success, you will be able to skill up your survival abilities.
- Biomes: A variety of environments will shape the island such as coasts, swamps, meadows, thick jungles…And natural & man-made geographic features such as rivers, lakes, waterfalls, abandoned buildings or camps for you to explore and use.
- Day and Night Cycles + Weather System: With their pros and cons. Travelling during the day will give you more visibility and is generally safer. But you will get tired and thirsty faster on hot, sunny days. Predators are more active and your visibility can be worse at night, but your general stats will last longer. Rain and fog will force you to change your plans.
- Natural Dangers: The island itself hides many hazards such as quicksand, toxic and poisonous flora or irritating insects among many others. Watch your steps.
- Complex AI and Behaviours: Dinosaurs and enemies will react not only to your actions, but the surroundings and other fauna, as well. Raptors will learn, call each other, organize an attack, set traps… Predators will decide if you are a worthy prey.
Goner is influenced by video games like The Long Dark, The Forest, Subnautica or Outlast. Movies, TV shows and novels like Jurassic Park franchise, Congo, Jungle, King Kong, Lost and Primitive War.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here