Larian Studios has announced that the Metacritic Must-Play RPG Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition is finally coming to the Nintendo Switch system.
From right now, you can start your BAFTA award-winning adventure on the Nintendo Switch and enjoy near-limitless RPG freedom, wherever you are.
For players who wish to continue their stories, Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition includes cross-saves between Nintendo Switch and Steam on PC, which means players are able to upload and download their save files and continue on the go.
Join the battle for Divinity in a world that reacts to who you are, and what you do. Adventure as a flesh-eating Elf, or an imperial Lizard. Play as a mighty Dwarf, or lead your party as an Undead, risen from the grave!
- Choose your race and origin. Choose from 6 unique origin characters with their own backgrounds and quests, or create your own hero as a Human, Lizard, Elf, Dwarf, or Undead. All choices have consequences.
- Unlimited freedom to explore and experiment. Go anywhere, talk to anyone, and interact with everything! Kill any NPC without sacrificing your progress, and speak to every animal. Even ghosts might be hiding a secret or two…
- The next generation of turn-based combat. Blast your opponents with elemental combinations. Use height to your advantage. Master over 200 skills in 12 skill schools. But beware – the game’s AI 2.0 is our most devious invention to date.
- Up to four-player online cooperative gameplay for the entire game, spanning over 100 hours of award-winning narrative.
- The Switch version is launching alongside the second Gift Bag: free DLC that includes content for new and existing players, on all existing platforms. This content is periodically patched into the game at no extra cost, with more to come over the year.
Gift Big 1 released earlier in the year and included new character customization options. Gift Bag 2, called Song of Nature, includes:
Plenty of new recipes and unique items to craft!
Find a new icon in your Hotbar which you can use to toggle sprint on and off. Sprint increases your movement speed of your party and the movement speed of your followers.
Allows all player characters to talk to animals without having to spend a talent point. Also Changes Pet Pal talent to grant maximum positive attitude in all conversations with animals.
Fort Joy Magic Mirror
Manifests a Magic Mirror in the Arena of Fort Joy, along with a new Character Creation level. This allows you to respec before moving on to the next act of the game.
8 Action Points
Increases the base maximum Action Points of hero characters to 8.
Plant your own herb garden! Take any herb and combine it with a bucket to create a seedling.Then just place your seedling in the ground and watch it grow.
Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition releases today at $49.99/49.99€ or your regional equivalent on Nintendo Switch. It is also released on PC, Mac, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Every purchase of Divinity: Original Sin 2 – Definitive Edition on each of the aforementioned platforms automatically grants you access to the Gift Bag DLCs released prior, and to be periodically released over the coming months.