Majesco Entertainment has announced that Double Dragon: Neon, the cult classic co-op brawler by WayForward, is headed to Nintendo Switch, and is just days away! On December 21, players will once again control totally radical martial artists Billy & Jimmy Lee on a weird, wild side-scrolling brawler to rescue their friend Marian from the clutches of the villainous magical skeleton Skullmageddon – he’s bad to the bone.
Players will punch, kick, and High Five their way through goon-packed city streets, haunted forests, secret labs, and even Skullmageddon’s barely-hidden SPACE DOJO. Take down legions of expendable but enthusiastic bad guys, including the frequently palette-swapped and reskinned Williams, the whip-cracking Linda, and legendary heavyweight Abobo. Tip the odds in your favor by collecting skill-enhancing retro mixtapes and mastering the Gleam system, turning perfect evasions into powerful counter-attacks.
Built from the ground up for co-op play, the bravest of martial artists can go solo, but Double Dragon: Neon is best with another hero on the couch. Don’t worry about your teammate ‘accidentally’ stealing all your power-ups either. Players can share health with a high five, or psych their partner out with a low five and steal some, if you’re feeling less than righteous.
Inspired by the Saturday morning cartoons of the late 80s and early 90s Double Dragon is the iconic side-scrolling brawler adventure of Jimmy and Billy Lee. It’s been a long time coming since its original 2012 launch and 2014 Steam re-release. It’s time to get ready, to grab a buddy, and a 2-liter soda and party like it’s 1987 when Double Dragon: Neon launches on Nintendo Switch, December 21 for NA with an EU release to come in the weeks following.
- An 80s classic reimagined through the lens of neon nostalgia!
- Brawl through ten stages solo or with a buddy in local co-op.
- Time your dodges perfectly for stylish ‘Gleam’ counter-attacks.
- What game has a dedicated High Five button? This one!
- The greatest skeletal villain this side of ‘80s cartoons – Skullmageddon!
- All the bone-related puns you can stand! They’re very humerus!
- Punch all the things! Robots! A giant tank! Your own mutant clone!
- A toe-tapping, genre-hopping soundtrack by Jake ‘Virt’ Kaufman.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here