EMS training – training with electrical muscle stimulation
EMS stands for Electrical Muscle Stimulation – a type of training that involves the effects of electrical impulses on muscles. It is carried out using a device fixed on the body.
The signals cause the muscles to contract as they do in strength training. The difference is that the latter takes 2-3 hours, and the EMS training takes about 20 minutes. The result in both cases is the same, so today muscle stimulation is called the fitness of the future.
In this article we will understand the features, advantages and disadvantages of EMS.
Features of EMS training: do muscle stimulators work?
What does a regular workout look like? You are training, muscles contract, and as a result increase in volume. Electrical stimulation increases the intensity of contractions due to micropulse. The effect of such classes is achieved thanks to:
- the correct position of the body;
- competent control of the simulator;
- frequency and power of incoming pulses.
In the process of stimulation, a person must resist impulses by performing various exercises. This is quite difficult, so even simple squats or swings with legs require much more effort than usual. But the result is faster.
EMS training takes place under the guidance of a coach who monitors the condition of the ward. It regulates the simulator and provides impulses to certain areas of the body: legs, buttocks, abs, etc.
First, a warm-up with simple exercises is carried out, and then strength and interval training with a total duration of up to 20 minutes. As a hitch do lymphatic drainage massage.
Benefits of EMS workout
It’s time to find out what is the superiority of EMS training over conventional:
- save time. The first and probably the main plus, because the modern pace of life does not always allow you to allocate time for a full workout. And if the result of a 20-minute lesson is equal to the result of a 2-hour lesson, then why not try this type of exercise?
- effective muscle development. Electrical stimulation allows you to use muscles that practically do not work during normal workouts;
- increased performance. Such training allows you to increase stamina, speed and other strength indicators;
- weight loss. EMS-training is suitable for weight loss, as pulses can accelerate the metabolism necessary for quick calorie burning.
Contraindications to manduu exercise
Do not use electrical stimulation if:
- you have a pacemaker installed and if there are problems in cardiology;
- you are expecting a baby, because the effect of impulses on the fetus has not yet been studied.
If there are contraindications, be sure to consult a doctor.
What else do you need to know about EMS training
- Keep in mind that such workouts are not cheap, compared to a regular gym membership. If you decide to do it, then be prepared for spending;
- Do not expect it to be easy. Even not a long training session and nandrolone phenylpropionate on useastaap.org will seem difficult because it is not easy to resist impulses.
We recommend consulting with a professional trainer who will determine if such loads are suitable for you.
Want more news from the Tech world for Gaming Peripherals to Hardware Click Here