Power for the sake of power is empty. No truly great ruler seeks a legacy of selfish adoration. Do it to raise the people. Do it to shield the faith. Do it to preserve centuries of tradition. Rule as the Emperor to rewrite history and remake the world. Rule in Europa Universalis IV: Emperor.
Emperor is the latest expansion to Paradox Development Studio’s flagship series, Europa Universalis IV. This add-on to the best-selling grand strategy game about the Early Modern world returns its focus to Europe, with changes and additions to game concepts familiar to players. The Catholic Church is given new energy, the Holy Roman Empire is more interactive and Revolutions spread from hotbeds of discontent.
Features of Europa Universalis IV: Emperor include:
- A Powerful Pope: Appoint cardinals, publish Papal Bulls and gather tithes. The Vatican and Papal Controller now have new abilities to sway the souls of Christendom.
- New Holy Roman Empire Systems: Imperial Incidents provide new challenges to the Emperor’s power and authority. Will your empire follow a course to a centralized monarchy or decentralized federation?
- Revolutions Revamped: The spirit of Revolution is a contagion that must be either embraced or vigorously opposed. Use the zeal of revolutionary guard units to fight reactionaries at home and abroad.
- The Hussite Faith: Bohemia has an early game chance to embrace heresy and stand alone against the Pope until The Reformation.
- Hegemonies: Seize the mantle of global leadership if you accumulate great wealth and armies, but be prepared to face great opposition from those who question your right to rule.
- New Missions: Over 20 new unique mission trees for a variety of European nations
- Defender of Faith: With great responsibility comes great power. Defending a major religion should be different from defending an insignificant one. Now it is!
- The Council of Trent and Counter-Reformation: Join other Catholic rulers to slow down the spread of the Reformation by making concessions to the unruly mob or harshly imposing the will of God.
- Provoke Rebellions: Risk a larger rebellion now while you think you can manage it instead of waiting for discontent to take its course
As is customary, Emperor is released alongside a major update to Europa Universalis IV, freely available to all players. This update makes changes to the game map, how estates work, mercenary recruitment and much more.
Europa Universalis IV: Emperor is now available at the Paradox store and major online retail outlets for the suggested retail price of $19.99/ £15.49/ €19.99.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here