British competitive gaming culture brand EXCEL ESPORTS has announced the full roster and coaching staff for its VALORANT team who will make its highly anticipated competitive debut at the VALORANT Champions Tour on March 30th. The roster includes a mixture of FPS veterans and VALORANT rising stars including David “Davidp” Prins, Morgan “B1GGY” Madour, Marc “Honeybee” Begley, Vincent “Happy” Cervoni and Alend “Ale” Khalaf. The VALORANT leadership structure will be formed of Head Coach Jimmy “Jumpy” Berndtsson and Assistant Coach Sam “Fields” Greenfield.
EXCEL first announced its entrance into VALORANT with the appointment of David “Davidp” Prins as Captain. As an experienced VALORANT trophy winner, Davidp provided the foundation to strategically build a team that would be ready for championships. Alongside coaches Jimmy “Jumpy” Berndtsson and Sam “Fields” Greenfield, EXCEL has built a solid leadership infrastructure and performance network. Over the last couple of weeks Davidp, Jumpy and Fields worked together to select the final line-up through extensive trials, personality and performance tests.
The full EXCEL ESPORTS VALORANT roster and coaches are:
- David “Davidp” Prins (Role: Smoker, IGL & Captain) – Davidp joins EXCEL from G2 Esports where he was part of a dominating roster that won all seven Ignition Series in Europe.
- Morgan “B1GGY” Madour (Role: Support) – B1GGY is an ex-CS:GO player and coach, where he competed at several high-tier events before turning his attention to VALORANT at the release of the game.
- Marc “Honeybee” Begley (Role: Sentinel) – Honeybee is a young British talent looking to make his mark wIth prior experience in semi-pro CS:GO and on the amateur VALORANT scene.
- Vincent “Happy” Cervoni (Role: Flex) – Happy is a CS:GO veteran with two Major tournament wins and a wealth of competitive experience as part of Team ENVY. Happy joins EXCEL from Giants where he made the official switch to VALORANT.
- Alend “Ale” Khalaf (Role: Duelist) – Ale makes his professional competitive debut as part of EXCEL’s VALORANT roster. Known as a rookie with incredible mechanical skill, Ale will be looking to transfer his skills to the big stage.
- Jimmy “Jumpy” Berndtsson (Role: Head Coach) – Jimmy joins EXCEL as an experienced former CS:GO player and coach having previously coached Fnatic and North.
- Sam “Fields” Greenfield (Role: Assistant Coach) – Fields previously coached Purple Cobras during their successful stint across the VALORANT semi-pro scene including top place finishes at Rix.GG Cup and epic31 Online.
“We are really excited to present our full VALORANT roster and start competing against the best teams the scene has to offer. When selecting the final line-up we really took our time to find players and coaches who really understood our vision. We are in this for the long term and I truly believe we have created something special. Our ambitions for this year are limitless and I can’t wait to start this journey and experience it alongside our players, partners and community,” said Kieran Holmes-Darby, Co-Founder & Chief Gaming Officer, EXCEL ESPORTS
Last week EXCEL announced Beyond NRG as the Official Energy Drink Partner for its VALORANT roster. Beyond NRG will fuel EXCEL’s VALORANT players with its nutritional drink formula which contains a blend of vitamins and nootropics for a balanced and healthy energy boost. With EXCEL’s focus on holistic performance, Beyond NRG provides the perfect partner with shared goals of elevating player performance both inside and outside of the game.
EXCEL officially now fields teams across three of the worlds’ biggest esports in League of Legends, Fortnite and VALORANT. So far 2021 has already played host to a whole host of new milestones including new partnerships with Chupa Chups, Eleiko and Beyond NRG as well as a first-ever Northern League of Legends Championship Spring Split trophy for BTXL.
For even more news from the Rising World of eSports Head here