Indie games label Fellow Traveller held their 2nd annual LudoNarraCon at the tail end of April, and they’re beyond happy to report the event was a rousing success. Building on the accomplishments of the 2019 event, LudoNarraCon 2020 aired live on Steam as a global digital festival celebrating narrative video games with a roster of independent games, playable demos, and thoughtful panels featuring many industry veterans.
In 2019 when the inaugural LudoNarraCon took place, Fellow Traveller put stock in the fact that digital events would be the way of the future. It was impossible to predict, but as the number of digital-focused events increases in the wake of the current COVID-19 pandemic, Fellow Traveller was proud to provide one of the foremost opportunities for indie developers to showcase their games to the world. If you missed out on the event, you can catch up on many of the panels on Fellow Traveller’s YouTube channel
Narrative Design: The Secret Sauce of Game Storytelling
This year’s event saw 940,000 unique attendees direct to the event page, up from 2019’s 850K, with participants seeing approximately 20K visitors each to their individual store pages which is impressive in its own right as LudoNarraCon 2020 featured more than twice the number of exhibitors as last year. Other interesting stats include:
- Unreleased games saw an average of 3K wishlists during the event.
- 42 devs exhibited games with content coming in from around the world: Australia, Germany, Japan, Venezuela, Indonesia, Canada, UK, USA, and more!
- 14 panels, ran live and looped afterward, saw concurrent viewers of 3000 up to near 5000 attendees at a time, absolutely dwarfing the abilities for physical attendance to a panel at most events. Total unique viewers of 1.4 million across all viewing platforms.
- Event banners on Steam received over 61 million impressions – a big increase on 2019’s 13.5 million impressions – highlighting the platform as an ideal host for digital events.
- Demos averaged 4624 activations across games with an average of 2K actual players over the period they were available.
- Global reach in a way no physical event could be! The top three attendee locations after the US were China, Russia, and Brazil.
Fellow Traveller plan to build even further on this year’s massive success as they already begin planning LudoNarraCon’s 2021 edition. Spearheaded by a mission to give unique narrative titles from devs and publishers around the world their moment to shine, LudoNarraCon 2021 is sure to impress when it makes its third appearance.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here