Lamborghini’s inaugural esports competition, The Real Race, is in full swing and in pole position is Nils Naujoks (aka n1lyn), a former professional sim racer since 2003 and now manager of G2 Sim Racing. The tournament which is open to Assetto Corsa Competizione players of all levels has been joined by a series of professional and experienced sim racers.
We’re sharing an update on the competition in case it’s of interest for news. There were over 1500 entries for the 1st qualifier race and registration is open until tomorrow (Thursday 18th 6pm CEST) for the 2nd track at Spa Francorchamps, with the online race taking place on June 21st. Players can register at esports.lamborghini.
- Lamborghini’s inaugural esports tournament, The Real Race is a global esports series open to Assetto Corsa Competizione players of all levels and featuring the Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo on world renowned tracks. The race competition launched on the 29th May in a virtual studio in Italy and will run until September 2020.
- The first qualifier race saw over 1500 people sign up to compete
- Nils Naujoks, whose teams are successful across multiple teams and tournaments including F1 Esports, Forza Motorsport, iRacing and RaceRoom, placed first in the first track, Monza
- Placing 2nd was French sim racer Arnuad Lacombe and 3rd is Matthias Egger, who has competed in the iRacing.com World Championship Grand Prix Series and been sim racing for over 19 years
- There are five qualifier races. Registration for the 2nd race is currently open until Thursday 18th June with the race taking place on June 21st.
- To assist players registering for the event Lamborghini launched The Real Race Driving School with official driver Albert Costa. The Driving School takes players through a lap of the qualifier track with Albert providing tips and tricks on how to improve your lap time.
- 12 drivers will make it through to the live finals in Sant’Agata Bolognese in Italy, the Lamborghini headquarters
- The tournament focuses on the converging world of motorsports and esports and the immense crossover between virtual and real world- players compete on Assetto Corsa Competizione, one of the most realistic racing sims for a chance to win a real world Lamborghini experience
- The three players in pole position win a three-day all-expenses-paid experience which includes a VIP tour of the Lamborghini HQ and an R&D simulator visit used to virtually test the latest and future Lamborghini models. Winners will also meet and train alongside official Lamborghini drivers and receive a track experience, driving a Lamborghini on a world renowned raceway. The player in first place will also receive an exclusive prize of a limited edition diecast with ingame livery.
For information- where to register and where to watch- can be found at esports.lamborghini
For even more news from the Rising World of eSports Head here