To celebrate the recent launch of the post-apocalyptic
adventure Metro Exodus from Ukrainian developer 4A Games, and the
announcement of the world’s first ray-tracing gaming laptops powered by
NVIDIA GeForce RTX, we partnered with Deep Silver to show you some of the
real-world inspiration behind the hauntingly beautiful environments in the game.
Metro Exodus uses NVIDIA’s RTX technology to deliver Ray Traced Global Illumination – a stunningly realistic technique that brings the world of Metro to life. Just like desktop GeForce RTX graphics cards, GeForce RTX laptops have the hardware required for real-time ray tracing and AI-enhanced graphics, enabling you to experience immersive, lifelike visual effects anywhere, anytime.
To find out just how realistic the world of Metro can appear, we sent Instagram superstar Dylan Furst (@fursty) to Chernobyl, Ukraine, equipped with the RTX 2080-powered ASUS ROG Zephyrus S to capture a world frozen in time, now slowly being reclaimed by nature. These scenes of devastation and decay have many parallels with the post-apocalyptic world Metro Exodus.
Take a look at the photos and judge for yourself…
Subscribe for all the latest news from the gaming world, eSport and Technology
To start an online gaming business, the first step is usually to plan out your…
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)