There is nothing more fun and relaxing than playing your favorite video game. But what if video games were actually your full-time job? Sounds too good to be true, isn’t it? Well, it’s not. So stay tuned and I’m gonna show you how to make money playing video games, and better yet how to turn it into your full-time Income.
Professional games compete in big-money tournaments from around the globe, which for some people is amazing. The life of a pro game requires constant training and traveling around the pro circuits playing in tournaments. The problem is most of the time as a pro gamer you only get paid if you win. But the fortunate news is that all is not lost, because, according to professional gamer HotshotGG, the best way to actually make money as a pro gamer is actually via streaming. In that case, you control a lot more of cash inflow versus contracts and tournament winnings being split up. As a streamer, the more entertaining and the more consistently you stream, especially as you start to grow a larger audience, you can make money in so many different ways, all of which we’re going to discuss. And most importantly, how you can get started to become a streamer even as a complete beginner.
Ways to get money from Twitch
Most people don’t realize that Twitch was actually recently bought by Amazon for nearly a billion dollars, and is actually one of the most visited websites in the entire world. Streamers on the Twitch platform and on YouTube Gaming, for example, make money in a variety of ways:
- through their revenue
- through subscriptions
- through affiliate relationships
There are other options, which we are going to talk about in a few seconds, based on the example of the Twitch platform.
Pay per View
As has already been said, with Twitch you can make money in a variety of ways. Generally, Twitch pays their streamers about $3 for every 1000 ads that they actually show on their videos. And that might sound like a lot but when these streamers have 10000 – 20000 people watching a live stream and the ad is showing every few minutes, it starts to add up very quickly.
Pay per Subscriber
Twitch also allows you to get paid for what’s called “having a subscriber”, so if somebody subscribes to you on Twitch, it actually costs $5. In order for them to do that right and so you’re getting paid five dollars for every person who chooses to subscribe to your channel on Twitch. And that combined with sponsorships, Amazon referral links, and PayPal donations.
What numbers are we talking about?
You can seriously start to earn some real cash being a streamer, doing it in the right way. So how much money are we actually talking about here? Well, I do have a personal friend who is a very new streamer. He is not particularly popular, I’m sure you have not heard about him, and he earns $8.000 per month with his streams. Most of the funds come from PayPal donations, as well as subscriber fees and then he has affiliate links to gaming keyboards and gaming mouses, Pirate Bay Service boosting shop, and things that his audience is likely to buy. You have that all the way up to someone like PewDiePie or Ninja who earns well over seven figures every single month.
Is it a difficult thing to start?
Could you imagine earning over a million dollars per month just by playing your favorite video game? That sounds like a dream life to many. And the best part is it’s actually relatively easy to get started off becoming a streamer. If you are streaming on Xbox or PS, all you need literally is inside of your machine already. They actually have software that allows you to record your screen. It’s already pre-built your Xbox or Playstation. And the last thing that you actually need, is some type of webcam like the Kinect camera or Playstation Eye where you can actually show yourself playing the game. It adds an element of entertainment and people love watching and listening to you, just as much as they love you playing the actual game.
You’re also going to need what’s called streaming software that allows you to actually send what you’re recording on your screen playing your game over to Twitch TV to actually allow you to broadcast what you are playing over the internet to your followers. The best software it’s actually using for is called OBS and the best part about OBS is that it’s completely free to use. And the last part you want to make sure that you absolutely have is a stable internet connection. For most streamers that means actually a hard-wired connection because the last thing you want is to actually lose connection in the middle of your stream just like a noob.
What content to stream?
And now that you’re all set up and ready to stream and you understand just how much money you could make becoming a streamer, the last thing you have to do is actually decide which games you want to stream. You might think that to become a successful Twitch or YouTube streamer, you should play the most popular games like Fortnite or Apex Legends, and things like that. But the problem is there are so many huge already established game boosters that have been streaming literally for years, and years, playing those games that if you did that, you’d literally get lost the crown as a beginner. So what I recommend is to play some games that have 50 or 100 viewers or something like that. Much less completion with all the massive streamers that have literally been consistently streaming every day for 5+ years and play something that still has some popularity, like Kingdom Hearts or Halo, or something that still has people interested but doesn’t have so many people viewing. That you’ve never possibly have a chance to actually being seen when all these massive streamers that have been streaming every day for 5+ years are clogging up the main dashboard.
Top 5 Qualities for Streamers
And while not every successful streamer is alike, I’m going to share with you the top 5 qualities that you need to have to a chance of making it as a streamer because all streamers do share these five characteristics, so if you want to become a streamer and make money playing video games, then you’re gonna want to make sure that you’re doing all fine of these things:
- Number 5 is you want to have an entertaining, energetic, passionate personality. You might not be the most entertaining person in the world, but go out and watch some of the popular streamers, go watch these guys that have these huge followings, and see what they do, right? Are they making jokes? Are they making voices? Are they talking the whole time? Are they quiet most of the time? Are they reading people’s comments? And really start to research and think for yourself who are they actually doing that’s making them successful. And then try to emulate that. Don’t be fake, do your same personality, but you can always make improvements to yourself. And if you want to make it, and you want to make eight thousand dollars a month or even some of the crazy numbers that people like ninja are making, you have to start somewhere. So number 5 is to be energetic and have fun.
- Number 4 is stick to a streaming schedule. It might seem like it’s gonna be easy for you to play video games every day if you are already doing it, but it actually gets harder as life gets in the way. So stick to a streaming schedule whether that’s every day, whether that’s Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and then never miss a session because the thing is your viewers and the people watching you play games. They actually start to love you and they gonna miss your streams. So make sure you stick with a streaming schedule and you never deviate from that. So number 4 is to create a streaming schedule and stick with it.
- Number 3 is interact with your chat. Remember, your chat is about real people. You don’t want to just ignore them. Anytime somebody subscribes to you or gives you a donation, or even people in the chat who are typing to you. You want to interact with them, you want to read their comments, you want to make it literally a two-way street, right? Don’t just be somebody who’s ignoring them, playing video games. You want to make it fun for them and the more that you actually involve them and interact, and engage with them. The more fun they’re gonna have, the more of their friends they’re gonna tell about your stream, and the faster your stream is actually going to grow number.
- Number 2 is a network with other streamers and so what you want to do is go look at other streamers out there. Some people who are more popular than you, some people who are less popular than you, some people who are as popular as you. And you can reach out to them on stream, you can find their social media, you can send them messages, you can send them emails, and you can do collabs with them. Then what’s gonna happen is you’re gonna grow from their following and they’re gonna grow from your following once you start to pick a few followers? And the best part is you can synergize, you can play games together, you can have fun together and you’re literally to get exposed to their audiences which allows you to grow in a much faster way.
- Number 1 is running giveaways. People love getting free stuff, so what you can do as you start to actually get more followers and things like that is that gaming companies offering keyboards, mouses, chairs, and other gaming devices will actually give away a free product for you to give away to your fans for free. But at the beginning when you have nothing, give away just a one on one gaming session with you or something that you can actually afford or something cheap but just to involve your actual stream followers.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here