Reallusion announced that the iClone Unreal Live Link Plug-in (previously $1,490) is now free for developers with annual revenue of $100K USD or less. Originally created as a premium extension, the iClone Unreal Live Link Plug-in enables studios and indies to streamline workflows by allowing virtual production and game development professionals the freedom to focus on rapid creativity, collaboration, and iteration.
“We are thrilled to provide emerging creators access to powerful tools for digital human creation and animation by making the iClone Unreal Live Link Plug-in available for free,” said Charles Chen, Reallusion CEO. “Reallusion is proud to connect our technology to Unreal Engine to deliver an unrivaled real-time solution for indie studios and creators everywhere.”
Providing a simplified path for content to enter Unreal Engine, the iClone Unreal Live Link plug-in allows for the direct transfer of assets between iClone and Unreal Engine without the need for FBX export. iClone characters, lights, and camera controls can be directly operated to quickly preview and animate scenes in Unreal RTX. Additionally, the Character Auto Setup automatically arranges digital human shaders, Blueprints, and everything necessary for real-time production inside Unreal Engine.
The iClone Unreal Live Link Plug-in bridges iClone‘s fully-rigged characters, motion files, and vast content libraries, with motion editing and retargeting tools into Unreal Engine for seamless interoperability with skeleton meshes and Marketplace animations.
Pricing and Availability
- The iClone Unreal Live Link Plug-in will be available free of charge for developers with annual revenue of less than $100,000 USD.
- The new indie pricing policy for the iClone Unreal Live Link Plug-in will take effect on January 17th, 2020
- Qualifying users who previously purchased the iClone Unreal Live Link Plug-in will receive an equivalent reimbursement in DA points for the Reallusion Software Stores, Content Stores, and Marketplace.
- The Indie program for the iClone Unreal Live Link plug-in requires indies to own iClone 7 and 3DXchange 7 Pipeline.
- See preferred pricing options for iClone 7 and 3DXchange 7 Pipeline https://www.reallusion.com/iclone/live-link/unreal-engine/indie.html
- iClone’s digital human pipeline fully supports industry mocap hardware like; Xsens, Perception Neuron, Faceware, iPhone, Rokoko, OptiTrack, Leap Motion, Qualisys, and more.
Unreal Live Link, 4.24 and further updates
Reallusion simultaneously launched the free plugin and updated the iClone Unreal Live Link Plug-in for UE 4.24, and will continue development to match all future Unreal Engine updates.
The roadmap will include transferring its digital human shader, iClone props, non-human skin-bone characters, and soft cloth physics (based on the same NVIDIA PhysX architecture).
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here