The International Game Developers Association, IndieGameBusiness, and MeetToMatch have partnered to announce Game Dev Career Days, an online career fair for the games industry, which is taking place on June 10 and 11. The career fair will put job seekers in touch with the industry’s best, forward-thinking game companies looking to hire remote and onsite workers.
Attending companies include Mipumi, HandyGames, League of Geeks, Big Ant Studios, Fundamentally Games, remote control productions, Behaviour Interactive, and much more. In partnership with IGDA, existing members will receive 25% off their tickets as hiring companies.
“Events like the Game Dev Career Days are more important than ever. IGDA’s recent survey showed that 28.4% of respondents are dealing with unemployment and an additional 21.6% are facing pay uncertainty,” said Renee Gittins, Executive Director of the IGDA. “It’s wonderful to see IndieGameBusiness and MeetToMatch working hard to support these developers and the IGDA is ecstatic to partner with this event to help developers find employment during these turbulent times.”
For the cost of five dollars, job seekers can purchase a ticket to attend the virtual conference. All job seeker revenue will be donated to Games for Love, a non-profit organization dedicated to easing suffering, saving lives, and creating sustainable futures for children. If candidates can’t afford the job seeker pass, they can reach out to Indie Game Business directly for a free pass. The objective is to make the event accessible for everyone.
Job seekers will receive perks such as:
- Submitting resumes or portfolios for positions they’re interested in, hiring managers will review and schedule video interviews with candidates they are interested in.
- Easily searching for the positions they are most interested in.
- Growing their networks and getting to know hiring managers for a move in the future.
- Enjoying a shorter time commitment and access to a wider range of companies.
For hiring managers, this career fair provides benefits such as:
- Growing their teams with access to talent from around the world.
- Easily finding and interviewing the best candidates for open positions.
- Getting better access to under-represented groups in the industry.
- Saving money and cutting the time to hire dramatically.
All interested parties can register to attend here.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here