The robot rebellion is coming to Discord! Following a successful launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, independent games studio, Playniac announced today that Insane Robots is now playable for free via Discord. For the first time ever, Playniac’s unique approach to the card battling genre is also playable via Discord, the world’s most popular chat client for gamers. Featuring a minimalist approach that works on both mobile and desktop clients of the Discord application — and captures the spirit of the game’s mechanics, players can try their hand card battling… HACKED!
There’s no need to own Insane Robots to join the robot rebellion on Discord. Starting on Wednesday, August 1 next week, players can visit the official Discord server for Insane Robots to challenge other players and climb the leaderboards for a chance to win a free code for the full version of Insane Robots on their platform of choice each week.
“With Insane Robots, our goal was to create a card battling game with a laser focused battle deck and all the elements people hate about card battling games removed,” said Rob Davis Founder and Director at Playniac. “Bringing Insane Robots to Discord seemed like a natural extension and a great fit. As one of the most popular chat clients for gamers, we hope to see more games like Insane Robots playable on Discord.”
Key Features Include:
- This is card battling HACKED with no costly expansions and time-consuming customization
- Compete in intense local and online ranked 2P multiplayer battles
- Experience the epic 15+ hour single-player campaign, overthrow the megalomaniacal Kernel and save robotkind
- Unlock 46 robots and find over 100 augments to boost their abilities
- Explore your tactical options to survive randomly generated survival arenas
- Master the 22-token battle deck and define your own style of play
- A compelling narrative with over 150 branching story events
- Explore five types of hazardous environment from lush jungles to barren Moonscapes