With players getting ready to enjoy the game’s Halloween update over the weekend, and Nintendo announcing reprints of sought-after Villager amiibo cards, Blue Planet Aquarium in Cheshire, England has analysed Google searches for every villager, furnishing, houseware and clothing item in Animal Crossing: New Horizons to find out the most (and least) popular villagers among players, most-sought after items, and to understand how players spend time in-game.
Most-Loved and Hated Villagers
Their research found that:
- Sassy squirrel villager Marshall is by far the most popular character, beating the next most popular by 81,000 avg. monthly searches – while ‘Lazy’ Horse villager Clyde is the least popular with just 590.
- Regularly topping fan tier lists and spawning numerous memes, Marshal’s amiibo card regularly sells on eBay for £40-85 ($55-110) and he’s exchanged between players for millions of in-game Bells.
- 60% of the top 20 most sought-after characters are female, while 70% of the least popular are male – showing a clear villager preference.
- Cats are the most popular villager species (25% of the top 20), while Frogs are the least popular overall.
- ‘Normal’ and ‘Lazy’ villager personality types are the most popular, while ‘Cranky’, ‘Jock’ and ‘Snooty’ are the least – players prefer a more idyllic, neighbourly island vibe.
- For clothing, Crowns and Gold Armor are the game’s most sought-after clothing items, showing many players aren’t happy with their role as humble Resident Representatives but have dreams of monarchy! (Dress-up clothing items also featured heavily in the clothing list)
- Large statement items like the Rocket (no.1), Lighthouse (no.3), Robot Hero (no.7) and Moon (no.12) are the most popular, with players getting stuck into some serious theming (though value and rarity doesn’t always equal popularity)
- The research also analysed and grouped together related keyword searches for AC:NH information to find out how players spend their time in-game: Adding to the museum is the most popular activity (20%), followed by post-game landscaping with the Island Designer app (13%).
For even more info head here – https://www.blueplanetaquarium.com/blog/seasonal/most-popular-animal-crossing-villagers/
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here