Erik Rempen, self taught solo game designer, is thrilled to announce Kainga: Seeds of Civilization, a roguelite village-builder where your choices will shape the survival of your people. Kainga: Seeds of Civilization will enter Steam Early Access in autumn 2021 following a Kickstarter campaign scheduled to start on 18th May.
Kainga: Seeds of Civilization is a roguelite village-builder set in a world full of mystery and surprise. Taking on the role of the Thinker, the leader of the village, you will need to adapt to the procedurally generated environment and surroundings and make the right choices to allow your people and village to flourish. The Thinker is responsible for passing the players’ decisions and commands on to the people. Although the citizens are somewhat expendable, if the Thinker falls, you lose. Much like the king in chess, they’re weak and vulnerable and must be protected at all costs.
Establishing a village is easy, survival is not. Threats to your people come from all directions; weather events, the environment, wildlife and demands or raids from other tribes all threaten your very existence. In Kainga: Seeds of Civilization, you are not the hero or savior of the world, merely a participant in its ever-expanding story.
Instead of following the long-winded city builder formula, Kainga: Seeds of Civilization is focused on short, 30 minute to 1 hour challenges. Each challenge is a fresh and diverse experience in a new location which still allows the player to make progression between runs.
Features of Kainga: Seeds of Civilization.
- Create A Unique Culture. Using the unique thinker skill tree, select research from a diverse branching technology tree inspired by civilizations around the world, make your mark on the world, with your choice of buildings, festivals, resource production and more!
- Adapt to Your Surroundings. Use the terrain and resources to your advantage, keep an eye on the resources you have available and carefully plan and adapt to an ever changing environment, as you battle against the elements, disasters, other villages and even the beasts that roam the lands.
- Train Units and Tame Beasts. Keep your village safe by researching technologies to equip your villagers with weapons to repeal attacks, or even use the beasts to your advantage by taming them and turning them on your rivals.
- Acquire New Knowledge for Future Runs. Every end carries the seed of a new beginning, unlock new technology, biomes and challenges to add further complexity to each run.. Earn Karma to purchase advanced structure types and rescue thinkers to play with their leadership style and unique quirks.
- Live Amongst or Upon Giant Beasts. The wildlife of these lands wander and interact with the environment, and often destroy those in their way. Can you learn to live with these animals? Or better yet, manage to tame them and build upon them.
- Build Legendary Structures. From towering stone menhirs, to great halls and more. Construct and protect massive buildings using materials sourced from around the map.
- Customize Your Playstyle. Choose a look and starting layout personalized to how you play best before diving into the procedurally generated world and putting your skills to the test.
Kainga: Seeds of Civilization will enter Steam Early Access this autumn and the Kickstarter campaign will begin on the 18th May, 2021. To be the first to receive information on the Kickstarter campaign please register here.
For more information please visit the official website here
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here