Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, has launched today Nucleum, which was showcased at CES earlier this year. Nucleum is a 7-in-1 Type C USB hub, ideal for newer MacBooks as it provides extra USB-C and USB-A ports as well as HDMI and SD/microSD card slots.
Nucleum, with its multiple ports, is built to handle all of the familiar accessories consumers have such as mice, keyboards, and even a second monitor. Users can be more productive as all seven ports can be engaged at the same time. Nucleum users can power up a MacBook while running an external hard drive and charging an iPhone simultaneously.
“With a single USB-C hub it is possible to connect up to 7 ports at once, giving our customers a well-rounded product that fits their on-the-go needs and the ability to expand their creativity.” said Valentina Vitolo, Flash Business Manager EMEA, Kingston.
Nucleum is now available in the UK. It is backed by a two-year warranty, free live technical support, and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit www.kingstongo.com/nucleum.
Nucleum Features and Specifications:
- Power pass through: Get more juice for iPhone, Bluetooth headphones, and other devices
- Portable: The convenient size means Nucleum can be brought anywhere it’s needed.
- Creation station: Shoot, download and edit video footage using the SD and microSD slots.
- Made to match: Nucleum is designed to complement the new MacBook.
- More pixels: Nucleum supports 4K HDMI output.
- Multiport adapter: No need to carry around multiple dongles to connect devices.
- Mitigated EMI: Electromagnetic interference on Nucleum is mitigated due to its shielding and unique port placement. Shielding was placed on the USB ports and the layout for both USB Type A and C are opposite each other instead of side by side. This reduces the possibility of EMI and the physical placement allows greater room between ports to help account for plugs and power adapters of different sizes.
- Product Dimensions (without cable): 127mm x 45mm x 14.2mm (5″ x 1.77″ x .56″)
- Product Dimensions (with cable): 276.4mm x 45mm x 14.2mm (10.88″ x 1.77″ x .56″)
- Weight: 92.4g (3.2 oz.)
|Nucleum (part #: C-HUBC1-SR-EN)|
|HDMI Standard||v1.4 (Supports 4K)|
|USB-C||Data: USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gb/s)|
|USB-A||Data: USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gb/s)
|SD Card Reader||SD/SDHC/SDXC UHS I-II|
|microSD Card Reader||microSD/microSDHC/microSDXC UHS-I|
|Power Delivery Pass through||Up to 60W|
*MacBook and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.