In western cultures, calling a person a nerd is derogatory. However, in Japanese culture, the term nerd is the English translation to “Otaku,” which refers to a person that is genuinely interested in a specific topic. Because of the popularity of watching anime and reading manga, the term “Otaku” is now commonly used to refer to people who enjoy manga and anime.
Otaku are people who would instead prefer to spend their Friday nights in front of the television watching the latest anime series or reading manga. However, Otaku is no longer suitable to refer to Japanese only since a lot of people from different countries are becoming more and more fascinated with anime and manga. So for all Otaku out there, here is the latest nerdy news that you have been waiting for.
Latest Anime Titles to Be Released on Video Streaming Websites. Before Video Streaming Websites, you will have a hard time looking for copies of popular anime titles since most of them are released only in Japan. However, the popularity of anime movies and series have crossed countries. Because of this, a lot of studios have been adopting anime titles to produce live-action or enhanced animation movies. Here are the latest anime titles that are scheduled to air soon.
- Spriggan has been a popular manga-turned-anime series that ran from 1988 to 1996 with eleven volumes. Spriggan was also produced as a game by PlayStation in 1999. However, the Spriggan franchise was left untouched since then. Nerdy news has confirmed that David Production, company that brought you Cells at Work!, and JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure will take the lead in re-animation of the Spriggan series. However, it is not yet clear when the new Spriggan anime will be released.
- Magic the Gathering. Another nerdy news most awaited by anime and manga fans is news that Magic the Gathering was picked up to have an anime series based on the popular card game and will be released via selected streaming websites. As of the moment, the only confirmation about this anime is that the Russo Brothers are going to co-produce it which makes the wait more exciting.
- Super Crooks. Here is a piece of great nerdy news for anime fans who think that superhero anime titles are already overrated. Supercrooks will be an anime series that has supervillains as the main protagonists. Bone Studio has acquired the exclusive rights to produce this Millarworld manga title, which still has a release date that will be announced soon.
Latest Manga Titles. Let us not forget the latest nerdy news on manga. Two movie franchises that hit big on the big screen will get their adaptations in manga format.
- Although the Autobots and the Decepticons have been fighting each other on different platforms since the anime series was first released during the late 1980s, numerous renditions have been made on the franchise, which included blockbuster Hollywood movies. Now, the continuing story of the Transformers will be put into a manga by Ban Magami, a writer who has worked on previous adaptations of Transformers before.
- Star Wars: The Legends of Luke Skywalker. Although the story of Luke Skywalker has ended in the movie franchise, the stories of his adventures as a Jedi will be told in the new manga series entitled “Star Wars: The Legends of Luke Skywalker,” which will be written in the English language.
So for all you nerds or Otaku out there, these are the latest nerdy news that will make you excited for a while.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here