Call of the Mountain is Legends of Runeterra’s next expansion, available on PC and Mobile starting August 26 PT.
Call of the Mountain marks the start of LoR’s new bimonthly card release cadence, kicking off a three-expansion set exploring the new region of Targon. In addition to the new region, Call of the Mountain features 89 collectible cards, including 7 champions, as well as a variety of new features & content across the game.
The next two expansions will follow in October and December, each featuring 40 collectible cards, including 3 champions. By the time the third expansion is released and the Call of the Mountain set is complete, all regions (including Targon) will have an equal share of champions and near-equal share of other cards.
New Region: Targon
On this towering mountain, cosmic beings lend their might to mortals. Astral dragons soar beyond the sky. Tribes of the faithful devote themselves to the sun and moon.
Playing Targon endows you with the ability to raise your units to new heights. You win by reaching the apex of your power and confronting enemies with awesome force. Align yourself with the celestial, and the stars themselves will ordain your victory.
New Cards, Champions, and Keywords
89 new cards
- 51 for Targon, 38 across existing regions
7 new Champions
- 4 for Targon – Leona, Diana, Aurelion Sol, Taric
- Nocturne (Shadow Isles), Trundle (Freljord), Lulu (Ionia)
6 new keywords
- Fury: When I kill a unit, grant me +1|+1.
- Spellshield: Negates the next enemy spell or skill that would affect me.
- Daybreak: Bonus if this is the FIRST card you play in a round (bonus dependent on card text).
- Nightfall: Bonus if this is NOT the first card you play in a round (bonus dependent on card text).
- Behold: Bonus if you have a type of card in play or hand (bonus dependent on card text).
- Invoke: Pick a Celestial card from among 3 to create in hand.
- Celestials are a special pool of created cards representing the constellations above.
And much more!
New Lab: Discover Targon
- Choose one of 6 preconstructed decks packed with new cards and strategies from Targon!
New & updated Region Roads
- Targon joins the regions of Runeterra with its own Region Road, and the Roads for Shadow Isles, Ionia, and Freljord have been extended so you can pursue all the new Champions and cards in Call of the Mountain.
- New and returning players (or those who just like to take their time) can earn extra XP for early levels on non-Targon Region Roads.
New cosmetic items
- Cosmo (guardian)
- Celestial Summit (Targon-themed board)
- 4 emotes featuring Diana, Taric, Nocturne, and Lulu
- 2 card backs – Sunrise & Moonfall
New Challenges & updated quests
Ranked reward icons and a new Ranked season
For more information visit www.playruneterra.com
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here