With over 115 million active users per month, League of Legends is one of the most popular video games in the world.
While advanced players have absolutely no problem battling through the game, intermediate and beginners usually have a harder time finding their way around this video game. To help you through your journey in the Summoner’s Rift, we’ve prepared a brief but informative list of top LOL tips:
Learn The LOL Language
Learning the League of Legends language a priority for every beginner. This is the only way to understand and communicate properly with the rest of your team. In fact, advanced LOL teams stick to acronyms because they’re easier to use and save time.
Here are some of the standard terms you’ll come across in the comms:
- LOL – League of Legends
- Gank – Gang kill is done when you launch a surprise attack against an enemy champion.
- CS – Creep score, which shows the number of minions killed by a champion
- MR – Magic resist
- CC – Crowd control. It limits the ability of your enemy’s champions to fight for a specific duration.
- KS – Kill steal. It means stealing your teammate’s kill, i.e., making the final blow after your teammate has done the most damage.
- BT – Bloodthirster. A useful defensive tool that protects the wielder against poke damage. It also gives you time to heal when you’re hurt.
- AFK – Away from keyboard. It refers to when one is not paying attention to the game.
- Drag – It means dragons.
- Wave clear – The ability of a champion to clear minions.
- Leash – It’s a strategy that helps junglers by attacking a monster.
- APC – Short for ability power carry. It refers to a champion with minimal base health but deals lots of damage through spells.
- Blue buff – The temporary buff you get after killing an enemy who had buff or a blue sentinel.
- Burst – To deal massive damage instantly.
Master The Hotkeys
Mastering the hotkeys is necessary if you want to climb up the LOL leaderboards.
- F and D – Summoner spells. F casts the first spell while D casts the second
- Q, W, E, and R – Press the keys to use your champion’s abilities. Q is the first ability, while R is the 4th and ultimate ability.
- B – It recalls you champion back to base.
- G – Ping a location to alert a teammate.
- P – It opens the shop.
- Tab – It displays match stats of the ongoing game. The stats will disappear once you release the button.
- Spacebar – It keeps the camera centered on your champion.
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 – Item slots.
Learn The Map
Summoner’s Rift is the main game map of LOL. It is divided into bottom, middle, and top lanes. Between the lanes are winding paths known as the jungle. Some monsters spawn in these areas, so stay alert.
Try Different Champions
Use your first few days of playing League of Legends to test as many characters as possible. As your skills and level increase, concentrate on a few champions that complement your style of play properly. With time, you should be able to identify a specific character that speaks to you the most. Now focus your energy on building that champion.
Luckily, the vast LOL community shares lots of details on how to build different characters. Take full advantage of these resources to get the best out of your champion at each level.
Experimenting with different champions is not ideal for beginners alone. The folks at Goose Smurfs explain that even advanced players should try different roles to increase their versatility in the game. This is even easier when you use an account that’s at a lower level. It gives you the chance to master a new role without sweating against skilled players.
Try And Master One Position
There are five main positions on the map; top, middle, ADC (Attack Damage Carry), jungle, and support. The perfect starting position will depend on several factors, including the champion you are using. For instance, bruisers and tanks perform really well at the top positions.
Try different positions with different champions and get a feel of how they perform. After some time, identify a particular position and champion you like. Play that position over and over until you master it.
Stay Behind Your Minions
Minions protect you against the enemy’s attacks. Stay behind them when you’re trying to come up with an attack strategy.
Play With Friends
This is one of the quickest ways to learn and have fun in LOL. Some noobs also use this strategy to increase their win rate by teaming up with colleagues who are better at the game.
Communicate With Your Teammates
Communication will help your team execute winning strategies with ease. Make use of those hotkeys to alert your teammates of enemies and any risky moves you are making. Jump on voice comms with your friends for even better communication.
We can’t talk about communication without mentioning the toxicity of some players when the game plan is failing. Don’t be that kind of teammate.
There are plenty of tips on how to get better at League of Legends, but it ultimately comes down to practice. Play the game as much as possible, and you’ll soon master the map, champions, and winning strategies.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here