Man Utd’s Harry Maguire has officially signed as an ambassador with Semper Fortis Esports marking the players first move onto esports. Harry joins Everton’s Dominic Calvert-Lewin who signed with the organisation last week.
Harry Maguire said:
“When I’m not on the pitch and training one of my favourite ways to relax is playing online against teammates and friends. It has been a great way to pass the time, particularly in lockdown. When I was approached by Semper Fortis to become one of its ambassadors I was really intrigued about what they are looking to achieve in gaming and esports. As an athlete I understand the pressures of a competitive environment and I am excited to share my experience of competing in the world’s biggest leagues with Semper Fortis. We already have lots of exciting projects in the pipeline for this year, so watch this space.”
Kevin Soltani, CEO of Semper Fortis Esports, commented:
“Harry, like Dominic, is one of the country’s highest regarded professional footballers, who represents the England national team and Manchester United. We are delighted to have brought both Harry, and last week Dominic, on board as ambassadors and will be spending time working with them in the short term to achieve our stated aims. We may in the medium term look to sign further brand ambassadors in line with the high standards that we have set ourselves with Dominic and Harry.”
Keith Harris, Chairman of Semper Fortis Esports, added:
“As with Dominic, we look forward to Harry supporting our Top Blokes esports team which competes in the Rocket League in Europe and are equally excited for his involvement with this fast growing and fun esports industry.”
- Semper Fortis Esports, a new multi-operational esports organisation that listed on the Aquis Stock Exchange in April 2021 with £2.6m raised.
- Maguire and Calvert-Lewin will be part of Semper Fortis’ mission to bridge the gap between physical and digital sports. He has been signed to support and promote all assets under the Semper Fortis brand including the company’s first team Top Blokes.
- Top Blokes is a Rocket League team which ranked third in Europe and sixth globally in the Rocket League Championship Series (“RLCS X”) at the end of the 2020 Fall/ or Autumn split.
- As an ambassador he will help develop content, grow the brand and team’s community and support fan activations. As an outstanding UK athlete he will lend his experience to connect the professionalism in sports and development of esports teams.
- The signing of Maguire will also allow him to break into esports and gaming. As an ambassador he will also be able to interact with online audiences via Semper Fortis’ digital platforms.
- Semper Fortis Esports became the first esports organization to list on the Aquis Stock Exchange (AQSE) Growth Market in April 2021. As a new multi-operational esports organisation the company focuses on establishing esports teams, forming brand and technology partnerships, and providing business to business advisory services
- Semper Fortis raised approximately £2.6m which will be used for working capital purposes in pursuing the Company’s strategic objectives in establishing esports teams, forming brand and technology partnerships, and providing business to business advisory services.
- Semper Fortis Esports was founded by gaming, sports and corporate finance industry including former Atari founder of Atari, Nolan Bushnell, who joins as a Non Exec Director to head up the technology arm of the business, and Keith Harris, Chairman of the Board for Semper Fortis who was also previously the Chairman of the Football League, the Director of Wembley National Stadium Ltd (the company that owns Wembley Stadium) and the Director of Everton FC.
- Semper Fortis offers Team Management services including player development, team operations and brand enhancement. Under Bushnell’s guidance they will create their own tools and solutions to support and enrich the gaming and esports ecosystem while also offering their expertise to tech companies looking to enter the space. And finally, thanks to their extensive network across multiple industries Semper Fortis is able to connect celebrities, brands and influencers for sponsorship deals, content, events and more.
For even more news from the Rising World of eSports Head here