1C Entertainment and developer Digitalmindsoft have announced the latest iteration in its long-running Men of War RTS series: Men of War: Assault Squad 2 – Cold War. Available as a standalone expansion, the game launches on Steam on September 12. This marks the series’ first foray into this iconic era, bringing with it all the tense, military tactics players have come to expect from the series, told against the backdrop of the heated conflict between the United States and Soviet Union.
- Pick your side: The United States of America versus the Soviet Union
- Dynamic campaign creation makes singleplayer and cooperative campaign play extremely replayable with randomized skirmish battles and custom army compositions
- Competitive multiplayer in online and LAN mode
- Combined arms game mode: Capture and hold flag points using all military means possible
- Annihilation game mode: Dominate the enemy or capture their base, as valuable resources can be secured on the battlefield
- Command large armies or control single units with the series-defining direct control mode