Emmy Award-winning Red Bull Media House has released another brand-new episode of its esports documentary series Unfold featuring Michaela “mimi” Lintrup.
In the newest episode of Unfold, a series that uncovers stories behind some of the biggest names in the industry, mimi talks about the influence her family had on her esports and streaming career, as well as overcoming all challenges to becoming an elite CS:GO player and content creator.
More information below,
- Michaela “mimi” Lintrup is a 23-year old CS:GO streamer and esports professional from Denmark, currently signed by the American esports organisation XSET. mimi was first introduced to CS:GO by her brother when she was 12, and participated in her first esports tournament in Copenhagen in 2013.
- Since then, mimi has competed in multiple tournaments across Europe, winning 1st place in the 2016 and 2017 Intel Challenge Katowice as well as the 2017 ESU Masters and the 2020 DreamHack Showdown Summer and Winter tournaments. She has been signed by teams such as Team Secret, Team Originem and Assassins, and is a full-time CS:GO Twitch streamer.
- In the Unfold episode, mimi talks about the challenges of being a female in esports, from having to prove herself twice as much to the ever-present judgement that the content she produces is under. On top of her Twitch channel and esports career, Mimi also creates a lot of content on her Instagram page and mentions that other female CS:GO players who have been inspired by her bold and fearless approach to the industry’s scrutiny.
- mimi’s close ties to her brother and mother are also mentioned in the Unfold episode as being the reason why she was able to pursue her dream of a professional gaming career. Her mother had always supported her no matter what, and she still plays CS:GO with her brother whom she shared a PC with when they were growing up.
- Unfold by Red Bull Media House is a Red Bull series providing an inside look at the lives and stories of the world’s most prominent esports personalities. With a focus on a different player every episode, the series reveals how these superstars rose to fame and what motivates them to keep progressing. The Unfold series has previously featured prominent names such as Tsunehiro “Gachikun” Kanamori and Amer “Miracle-” al-Barkawi.
For even more news from the Rising World of eSports Head here