As revealed in Nintendo Direct, SuperMash from game development studio Digital Continue was announced, an all-new game where players can mix together elements from two of six classic genres to create completely unique gaming experiences. It is now available on PC exclusively via the Epic Games Store for a base price of $24.99 and will be available for purchase on all major consoles in 2020.
“Two years ago we had a crazy idea…what if we could build a game that makes games?” says Joseph M Tringali, Digital Continue’s Game Director and co-founder. “Now, we are finally ready to see the unique, emergent games that SuperMash creates for fans around the world.”
In SuperMash, no person will play the same game (called a Mash) twice. One Mash might send them on a Stealth rescue mission as a bouncy Platformer character, while the next one will require them to fight a JRPG boss in the middle of a top-down Action-Adventure dungeon. It sources art and design elements from each genre to make these experiences one-of-a-kind.
Some of the game’s key features include:
- Six game genres for players to blend together: Metrovania, Shoot ‘em Up, Stealth, Platformer, JRPG, and Action-Adventure
- Unlockable Dev Cards, which can be used to further customize Mashes
- Glitches in each Mash to change how the game is played
- One-of-a-kind codes for Mashes so players can share them with each other, as well as the ability to save Mashes to play them again in the future
- A story mode campaign where players can save a video game store from a nefarious threat
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here