MSI has announced its Radeon RX 6800 Series graphics cards, powered by the groundbreaking AMD RDNA 2 gaming architecture. MSI Radeon™ RX 6800 and Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics cards provide new levels of performance, incredible visual fidelity and advanced features to power amazing 4K gaming experiences.
GROUND-BREAKING AMD RDNA 2 GAMING ARCHITECTURE
AMD RDNA 2 gaming architecture at the core of the MSI Radeon RX 6800 Series is designed to deliver the optimal combination of performance and efficiency. It features a breakthrough high-speed design and enhanced power efficiency, designed to deliver higher performance with lower power consumption, and a new cache hierarchy designed to minimize data movement, latency and power usage. In addition, support for DirectX 12 Ultimate offers a powerful blend of raytracing, compute and rasterized effects to elevate games to a new level of realism.
- AMD Infinity Cache – A high-performance, last-level data cache suitable for 4K and 1440p gaming with the highest level of detail enabled. 128 MB of on-die cache dramatically reduces latency1 and power consumption2, delivering higher overall gaming performance compared to traditional architectural designs.
- AMD Smart Access Memory3 – An exclusive feature of systems with AMD Ryzen™ 5000 Series processors, AMD B550 and X570 motherboards and Radeon™ RX 6000 Series graphics cards. It gives AMD Ryzen™ processors greater access to the high-speed GDDR6 graphics memory to help accelerate CPU processing and provide an increase in gaming performance.
- DirectX® Raytracing (DXR) – Adding a high performance, fixed-function Ray Accelerator engine to each compute unit, AMD RDNA™ 2-based graphics cards are optimized to deliver real-time lighting, shadow and reflection realism with DXR. When paired with AMD FidelityFX, which enables hybrid rendering, developers can combine rasterized and ray-traced effects to ensure an optimal combination of image quality and performance.
MSI RADEON RX 6800 GAMING TRIO SERIES
GAMING TRIO has been refreshed with a new look while maintaining the same great balance between performance, cooling and low-noise that gamers have come to trust. Mystic Light adorns the exterior of the graphics card, illuminating color in sync with the rest of the PC through Mystic Light Sync and Ambient Link, all controlled with the Dragon Center software utility.
- Torx Fan 4.0 – A new fan design features pairs of fan blades bound together with an outer link, forming a rim that focuses airflow into the updated TRI FROZR 2 cooling system.
- Core Pipes – Precision-machined for maximum contact over the GPU and to spread the heat along the full length of the heatsink for optimal cooling.
- Graphene Composite Backplate – A matte-finish backplate not only reinforces the graphics card, but also provides passive cooling with the implementation of thermal pads.
MSI Afterburner is the world’s most recognized and widely used graphics card overclocking software. It gives gamers full control of their graphics card and enables them to monitor key system metrics in real-time. Afterburner provides a free performance boost for a smooth in-game experience thanks to higher FPS. The latest version of Afterburner will support the new Radeon™ RX 6800 Series graphics cards.
MSI DRAGON CENTER
Dragon Center unifies all MSI software for components, desktops, laptops and peripherals within a brand-new software platform. Gamers can customize graphics card performance in the software, such as with Gaming Mode that instantly optimizes the hardware for the best gaming experience, including SSD, monitor and network settings. This budding new software platform will continue to improve and evolve with more exclusive functions and benefits for MSI users.
The Radeon™ RX 6800 Series reference products are expected to be available starting 18th November, 2020, and the Radeon™ RX 6800 GAMING TRIO Series are expected to be available starting 25th November, 2020.
|Model Name||Radeon™ RX 6800 XT 16G||Radeon™ RX 6800 16G||Radeon™ RX 6800 XT GAMING X TRIO 16G||Radeon™ RX 6800 XT GAMING TRIO 16G||Radeon™ RX 6800 GAMING X TRIO 16G||Radeon™ RX 6800 GAMING TRIO 16G|
|Graphics Processing Unit||AMD Radeon™ RX 6800 XT||AMD Radeon™ RX 6800||Radeon™ RX 6800 XT||Radeon™ RX 6800 XT||Radeon™ RX 6800||Radeon™ RX 6800|
|Interface||PCI Express x16 Gen 4||PCI Express x16 Gen 4||PCI Express x16 Gen 4||PCI Express x16 Gen 4||PCI Express x16 Gen 4||PCI Express x16 Gen 4|
|Cores||4608 Units||3840 Units||4608 Units||4608 Units||3840 Units||3840 Units|
|Core Clock||Boost: 2250MHz /
Game: 2015MHz /
|Boost: 2105MHz /
Game: 1815MHz /
Base: 1700 MHz
|Boost: 2285MHz /
Game: 2045MHz /
Base: 1850 MHz
|Boost: 2250MHz /
Game: 2015MHz /
Base: 1825 MHz
|Boost: 2155MHz /
Game: 1925MHz /
Base: 1775 MHz
|Boost: 2105MHz /
Game: 1815MHz /
Base: 1700 MHz
|Memory Speed||16 Gbps||16 Gbps||16 Gbps||16 Gbps||16 Gbps||16 Gbps|
|Memory||16GB GDDR6||16GB GDDR6||16GB GDDR6||16GB GDDR6||16GB GDDR6||16GB GDDR6|
|Output||DisplayPort x 2 (v1.4) / HDMI 2.1 x 1/USB Type-C x 1||DisplayPort x 2 (v1.4) / HDMI 2.1 x 1/USB Type-C x 1||DisplayPort x 3 (v1.4) / HDMI 2.1 x 1||DisplayPort x 3 (v1.4) / HDMI 2.1 x 1||DisplayPort x 3 (v1.4) / HDMI 2.1 x 1||DisplayPort x 3 (v1.4) / HDMI 2.1 x 1|
|Power consumption||300 W||250 W||300W||300W||250W||250W|
|Power connectors||8-pin x 2||8-pin x 2||8-pin x 2||8-pin x 2||8-pin x 2||8-pin x 2|
|Recommended PSU||750W||650W||750 W||750 W||650 W||650 W|
|Card Dimension(mm)||267 x 120 x 50mm||267 x 120 x 40mm||324x 141x 55 mm||324x 141x 55 mm||324x 141x 55 mm||324x 141x 55 mm|
|Weight (Card / Package)||1520g / 2030g||1395g / 1885g||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|DirectX Version Support||12 API||12 API||12 API||12 API||12 API||12 API|
|OpenGL Version Support||4.6||4.6||4.6||4.6||4.6||4.6|
|Multi-GPU Technology||Crossfire™, 2-Way (Bridgeless)(DX12)||Crossfire™, 2-Way (Bridgeless)(DX12)||Crossfire™, 2-Way (Bridgeless)(DX12)||Crossfire™, 2-Way (Bridgeless)(DX12)||Crossfire™, 2-Way (Bridgeless)(DX12)||Crossfire™, 2-Way (Bridgeless)(DX12)|
|Digital Maximum Resolution||7680 x 4320||7680 x 4320||7680×4320||7680×4320||7680×4320||7680×4320|
Want more news from the Tech world for Gaming Peripherals to Hardware Click Here