the leading provider of networking devices that power today’s smart home, is introducing the Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender (EX7700) as the latest member to the Nighthawk family of WiFi Mesh Extenders. This new Nighthawk mesh extender provides powerful whole home WiFi by extending the range of your existing router using patented Fastlane3 technology. With a dedicated 866Mbps 5GHz band for extending internet speeds to all of your connected devices, the EX7700 is one of the most advanced Tri-Band WiFi mesh extenders available.
NETGEAR will showcase the new Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender (EX7700) in Hall 3.2, Stand 203 during the International Consumer Electronics Fair (IFA) in Berlin from 31st August to September 5th.
Nighthawk X6 joins the existing family of Nighthawk Mesh extenders which employ a dedicated WiFi link to provide an uninterrupted flow of data between the primary router and the extender. Nighthawk Mesh allows the same WiFi network name to be used as your primary router to provide seamless connectivity with Smart Roaming. Smart Roaming enables your mobile devices to connect intelligently for optimal WiFi connection from router to the extender or vice versa delivering exceptional streaming when you move throughout your home. Powerful features such as MU-MIMO and Smart Connect ensure every device is assigned a fast WiFi connection.
Working with any home WiFi router, this latest Nighthawk Mesh extender expands your WiFi coverage up to an additional 2000 square feet, with AC2200 WiFi speeds that combine to provide up to 2.2Gbps (866+866+400Mbps). With the push of a button, easily add the extender on to your existing network and get the benefits of mesh WiFi, with one network name, seamless roaming and a dedicated backhaul, all without reducing your WiFi bandwidth.
NETGEAR FastLane3 Technology with Tri-band WiFi enables the Nighthawk X6 to provide a dedicated connection to any existing WiFi router or modem router. Unlike single or dual-band WiFi range extenders, this dedicated link is not shared with devices for internet connectivity and thus maximizes the available speeds to improve the overall network throughput.
The Nighthawk X6 also sets a new industry standard for a secure networking product. This is the first extender with Secure Boot, which ensures only NETGEAR signed software can run on the device for the prevention of tampering.
The four high-performance internal antennas make this new mesh extender ideal for extending WiFi to devices like your smartphone, tablets and smart home devices, while its powerful quad-core processor boosts performance for better 4K streaming and lag-free gaming. Its desktop form factor with two Gigabit Ethernet ports allow you to connect wired devices like game consoles, smart TVs and streaming players to your existing WiFi.
“NETGEAR first introduced powerful Tri-band WiFi mesh systems to our product range in 2016 with Orbi Whole Home WiFi systems. We followed it up with Nighthawk Mesh WiFi extenders that provided the mesh WiFi capability without replacing your current WiFi router,” said Sandeep Harpalani, vice president of product management of Connected Home Products for NETGEAR. “As customers have responded with enthusiasm to Mesh solutions to improve their WiFi, we are pleased to introduce our latest offering with Nighthawk X6, which provides a flexible, high performance, secure solution for customers to extend their home network.”
- Mesh WiFi Network with Existing WiFi Router — Add-on to your existing WiFi router and get the benefits of mesh networking; one network name and seamless roaming.
- One WiFi Name — Add devices to your network easily, no new WiFi names and passwords needed.
- Seamless WiFi — Stay connected as you go from room to room without manually switching networks.
- Tri-band WiFi – Two 5 Ghz and a third 2.4 Ghz bands provides reliable WiFi coverage and fast internet speeds with three wireless bands.
- Dedicated WiFi Link – One dedicated 5Ghz band is for router to extender connection only and is not shared with connected devices to ensure that bandwidth is stable and not diminished.
- High-Performance Antennas – Four high-performance internal antennas for extended WiFi coverage up to 2,000 square feet amplifies the WiFi range of your router and extender.
Other Technical Features of Nighthawk X6
- Smart Connect—Intelligently selects the optimal WiFi band for every device
- Push Button Setup — Makes installation really easy
- Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO)—Simultaneous streaming of data to multiple devices
- Tri-Band Access Point—Pair with your existing ISP gateway or router to enhance WiFi for your home or office
- Quad-core Processor—Boosts performance for better 4K streaming and lag-free gaming
- Secure Boot— Ensures that only NETGEAR signed firmware can run on the device to prevent tampering with the device.
- Gigabit Ethernet Ports—Two (2) Gigabit Ethernet ports to connect all your wired devices
- WiFi Analytics App—Optimize your WiFi network with the WiFi Analytics app for Android© devices
- Multi-Coloured Indicator Light—Indicator light helps to find the optimal location to place the mesh extender
Pricing and Availability
NETGEAR Nighthawk X6 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender (EX7700) is now available for pre-order from major retailers. At an RRP of £119.99, with the capability of working with your existing WiFi router, the EX7700 is the easiest and least expensive way to build a WiFi mesh system for any home.