Neverwinter: Infernal Descent is now available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The latest major update for the free-to-play MMORPG set in the Forgotten Realms has Neverwinter players experience an epic adventure based on Wizards of the Coast’s Dungeons & Dragons tabletop adventure, Baldur’s Gate: Descent Into Avernus.
With the latest update, a dark orb hovers and pulses in the sky over the Stronghold of Vallenhas. Players follow the tragic story of the Vallenhas family stronghold which brings a new series of adventures. To thwart the ruthless archdevil Zariel’s plan to sacrifice hundreds of innocent souls, players must take on an epic adventure with two new heroes, the Paladin Alric Vallenhas and the Bard Etrien Sael, along with old and unexpected allies.
As Neverwinter players descend into the fiery depths, they will experience a new endgame campaign specifically crafted for level 80 characters, a vast adventure zone with heroic encounters and a new challenging endgame dungeon set in a devil’s citadel right above Avernus. Other notable Descent Into Avernus-themed additions include unique story instances, new fiendish enemies, equipment, and more.
Neverwinter: Infernal Descent features:
- Baldur’s Gate: Descent Into Avernus Storyline: Players will witness a thrilling story based on the official Baldur’s Gate: Descent Into Avernus campaign from Dungeons & Dragons unfold as Vallenhas Manor has been ripped from Faerûn and pulled into Avernus, the first layer of the Nine Hells.
- Baldur’s Gate: Descent Into Avernus Campaign: Brave adventurers can enter a challenging endgame Descent Into Avernus campaign for level 80 characters that have players descend straight into Hell to save the people of Vallenhas Estate from the infernal machinations of the archdevil Zariel.
- New Neverwinter Characters: Unite new heroes, Paladin Alric Vallenhas, a once righteous paladin who wishes to redeem himself, and Bard Etrien Sael, a protector of innocents who’s loyal to the Vallenhas family.
- Vallenhas Estate Adventure Zone: Players can explore the fractured lands surrounding the Vallenhas Manor, fight against the evil spawn of the Lower Planes, such as new demons, devils and infernal war machines, and experience heroic encounters.
- Infernal Citadel Dungeon: Set in a deadly devil’s citadel that floats above Avernus, this new endgame dungeon provides an epic challenge that will put adventurers skills to the test.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here