The Ubisoft Experience is a new fan-focused event, which will take place alongside the Insomnia65 Gaming Festival at the NEC in Birmingham during the weekend of 24th-25th August.
Newly confirmed activities on the agenda include:
- Participate in the 5v5 R6S tournament throughout the weekend in Insomnia’s BYOC area with the chance to be in the finals, played on the Ubisoft Experience esports zone on Sunday.
- Come and participate in the Assassin’s Creed Q&A with voice actor, Michael Antonakos (Alexios)
- Come and participate in the Trials Rising Q&A with Creative Director, Antti Ilvessuo
- Meet and greet with influencers WillyB, Rogue-9 and TommyT999
- Tom Clancy Universe Q&A with Tom Clancy’s IP Development Director Matt Corso, with Writers Richard Dansky and Lauren Stone
As a re-cap, full details in addition to the above of what fans can expect to participate and play is listed below*:
- There will be a special VR Zone where would-be explorers can try out the VR maze called ‘Temple of Anubis’ based on the world of Assassin’s Creed Origins
- As previously announced, there will be a Q&A with Aymar Azaïzia from the Assassin’s Creed team at Ubisoft Montreal, who will be on hand to discuss the ever-growing universe of the historic franchise.
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint
- The Ubisoft Experience will include the first UK hands-on for Ghost Recon Breakpoint as well as a number of other activities
- Community Developer Laura Cordrey from Ubisoft Paris will be joined by three Delta Ghosts (leading community members) on stage to discuss how community members can contribute to gaming development with a focus on the Delta Company program
- There will also be a themed Ghost Recon climbing wall for brave members of the community
- Finally, attendees will be able to scan a QR code on the Ubisoft Club mobile app to download unique in-game rewards for Ghost Recon Breakpoint**
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
- Rainbow Six Siege Community Developer Craig Robinson will be hosting a Rainbow Six Siege Community Panel, and will be joined by caster Derry ‘Dezachu’ Holt, YouTube creator Rogue-9 and Team Secret’s LeonGids to discuss Year 4’s Operators, the esports meta and more
- Fans will also be treated to a special show-match between Natus Vincere and Team Secret on Saturday 24th August
- In addition there will be a special Rainbow Six Siege Free-play Zone
Watch Dogs Legion
- Watch Dogs Legion will be showcased on the main stage for the first time in the UK with a 40 minute live demonstration from lead studio, Ubisoft Toronto with World Director Joel Burguess
- Fans will also be able to experience a different hands-off 30 minute demonstration in the Watch Dogs Legion theatre, and watch a Q&A with the developers on the main stage
The event will feature hands-on areas for a number of Ubisoft games such as Trials Rising, The Crew 2, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 as well as a Ubisoft Store concessions stand and a goodie bag for all attendees. There will also be a number of other themed zones and attractions for guests:
- Just Dance fans will get a chance to meet the finalists of last year’s Just Dance World Cup as well as The Just Dance Star Players, some of the most passionate and engaged members of the Ubisoft community and have the chance to get up on stage and show off their moves
- Hungry Shark Zone, where attendees can play Hungry Shark, meet the developers from Future Games of London, and have a go on the Shark ‘bucking bronco’ ride
- There will also be a Cosplay Zone where fans can meet other cosplayers as well as taking part in themed photo opportunities for Watch Dogs Legion, The Crew 2, Assassin’s Creed and Trials
- There will be a Meet-and-Greet Zone for developers and influencers
- Meet the developers from Ubisoft Reflections who worked on The Division 2 and get careers advice about working in the games industry
- Finally, a Retro Zone featuring games from Ubisoft’s first 33 years of game publishing and development
The UK event will be the first of three celebrations planned for 2019, with Ubisoft Experience events also announced in Sydney and Paris later in the year.
More unique experiences will be revealed on Ubisoft’s social media accounts in the lead up to the event. Just follow Ubisoft UK on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with the hashtag #UbiXP to stay up to date with new announcements.
Fans can send in their questions on social media for all of the Q&As by tweeting them with the hashtag #UbiXP
Tickets cost £10 and are now available to purchase at www.insomnia.seetickets.com/tour/insomnia, with all revenue from the ticket sales of Ubisoft Experience being donated to the UK charity, SpecialEffect.
To find out more about Ubisoft Experience visit www.ubisoftexperience.com.