Dragon riders return to the skies in the second Century: Age of Ashes closed beta taking flight on Steam this Friday. After a successful initial test, Playwing’s second closed beta is set to run March 12 to 21 with all player progress including experience, earned currency, and unlockables will carry onward to April’s Early Access launch. Player limit has also been increased drastically to test servers and get riders in on the action!
Century: Age of Ashes allows players to become legendary dragon riders who rule the skies in this competitive Free-to-Play team-based shooter where skill is the only thing that separates victors from the fallen. Over 100,000 players have signed up through the Century: Age of Ashes Steam page to join in the closed beta
The Century: Age of Ashes second closed beta will launch with the following changes and improvements:
Matchmaking & Game modes
- Adding a MMR system to the queue to improve match balance and put same level players into the same games
- ROOKIE mode will be only accessible until level 10
- Adding a SKIRMISH mode: a best of 5, 3v3 game mode, that will replace the ROOKIE mode for level 10 players and above. All the controls will be available at the start of the first round.
- A FREE FLIGHT mode will be available. You’ll be able to familiarize yourself with the Dragon’s controls and play against an enemy bot.
Gates of Fire
- Changed the number of rounds to best of 3 and added an extra 4th round in case of a draw, in order to avoid a xp draw exploit
- Reviewing the sound design in order to make the game mode more epic
- Improved the balancing by adding more spawn placements for the flag
- General UI/FX improvements to make the objectives clearer
- Adding a penalty system for players who leave rounds early
- The shop will be open! You’ll be able to spend your earned currencies, but won’t be able to pay with real money
- Leaderboard will be available
- Global ping improvement
- Improved Mouse / Keyboard controls
- General sound design improvements to improve the sensation when players hit an enemy
- The progression system has been rebalanced. We want the level up system to feel more of an accomplishment
More information on the closed beta can be found on the Century: Age of Ashes closed beta news announcement.
Century: Age of Ashes will be arriving in Early Access on Steam this April. Microsoft Store and Epic Games Store versions will be released at a later date.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here