HyperX, has introduced the first stand-alone microphone, the HyperX Quad Cast aimed at influencers and gaming professionals or aspiring streamers. HyperX has not only introduced a new product line to this year’s CES but expanded its existing gaming gear. Introducing the HyperX Cloud Orbit and Cloud Orbit S headsets featuring Audeze and WavesÒ Technology taking immersive in-game audio to the next level. It doesn’t stop there! HyperX is expanding the existing Cloud Alpha headset to include a white and purple edition and will showcase the HyperX Pulsefire Raid RGB gaming mouse, along with capacity addition HyperX Predator DDR4 RGB 16GB modules to its memory line.
“There’s nothing like CES to put a spotlight on HyperX’s commitment to delivering high-performance gaming products for all levels of gamers,” said Paul Leaman, vice president HyperX EMEA. “Whether immersing yourself in a game of Battle Royale, connecting with friends while playing online basketball, or throwing down from your couch in a fighting game on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, or Xbox, the new high-performance HyperX products further enhance your gameplay experience.”
The Cloud Orbit and Cloud Orbit S gaming headsets are the first HyperX gaming headsets made in cooperation with Audeze and WavesÒ Technology, powered by Audeze’s patented 100mm Planar Magnetic Drivers for accurate sound. Waves NxÒ 3D audio technology brings an immersive cinematic audio experience to gaming. The Cloud Orbit S includes Waves NxÒ head tracking technology to deliver a stable hyper-realistic 360-degree audio environment where the users head movements bring the room to life 1,000 times a second. HyperX gaming headsets paired with Audeze and Waves technology bring audio quality to the next level with audio technology previously found only in audiophile headsets.
“HyperX is pleased to expand our gaming headset lineup by partnering with Audeze to develop our first wired headset using Planar Magnetic technology,” said Paul Leaman, vice president HyperX EMEA. “Working with Audeze and Wave NX technology, we continue to provide new and innovative audio products for the gamer community to use and enjoy.”
Cloud Orbit headsets are based on the ground-breaking Audeze Mobius Platform that features 100mm planar magnetic driver technology for clear and realistic spatial audio. Audeze planar magnetic designs utilise extremely thin-film speakers and powerful custom magnets, allowing you to accurately hear where your opponent is located. Feel completely immersed in the field of play with high resolution audio clarity and wide soundstage.
“There is really no medium that can benefit more from our product than gaming, so we’re partnering with HyperX to bring our award-winning sound to the wider audience of gamers. We want to change the way people experience games and give them an edge in head-to-head play,” said Sankar Thiagasamudram, founder and CEO of Audeze.
Waves Nx Technology precisely tracks your slightest head movements and intelligently creates an acoustic environment that you can move through, with pinpoint accuracy and perception. Users feel they are immersed into virtual reality audio environments of games, movies, and music. Similar to how you slightly shift your head to recognise where sounds come from, in games you make the same tiny movements to locate positions of opponents, threats, or teammates on small or large screens.
The Cloud Orbit and Orbit S features include advanced audio customisation and personalised 3D audio settings including 3D audio calibration to individual user measurements, customisable room ambience1 and pre-set EQ profiles. A detachable noise cancellation mic with pop filter is included for chat and voice applications and can easily be unplugged for music-only purposes. Three detachable cable options are included to use with PC, Console, and Mobile devices.
1 Requires Audeze HQ Software
- HyperX Quadcast Standalone Microphone: The HyperX Quadcast is a standalone microphone designed to meet the demands of PC, PlayStation 4, and Mac professional or aspiring streamers. The QuadCast features an anti-vibration shock mount, an easily-accessible gain control adjustment, four selectable polar patterns, and tap-to-mute functionality with convenient LED lighting to indicate broadcast status. With crystal clear voice capturing, Quadcast connects streamers to their viewers like never before.
HyperX Quadcast Standalone Microphone Specifications
- Power consumption: 5V 125mA
- Sample/bit rate: 48kHz/16-bit
- Element: Electret condenser microphone
- Condenser type: Three 14mm condensers
- Polar patterns: Stereo, Omnidirectional, Cardioid, Bidirectional
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity: -36dB (1V/Pa at 1kHz)
- Cable length: 3m
• Microphone: 254g
• Shock mount and stand: 364g
• Total with USB cable: 710g
Impedance: 32 Ω
Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
Maximum power output: 7mW
THD: ≤ 0.05% (1kHz/0dBFS)
SNR: ≥ 90dB (1kHZ, RL=∞)
Cloud Orbit & Cloud Orbit S Specifications
- Driver: Planar transducer, 100 mm
- Type: Circumaural, Closed back
- Frequency response: 10Hz–50,000Hz
- Sound pressure level: 120 dB
- T.H.D.: < 0.1% (1 kHz, 1 mW)
- Weight: 350g
- Cable length:
- 3.5mm (4-pole): 1.2m
- USB Type C to Type A: 3m
- USB Type C to Type C: 1.2m
- Element: Electret condenser microphone
- Microphone type: Noise-cancelling
*Tested at 50% headphone volume
- HyperX Predator DDR4 RGB 16GB Module: The HyperX Predator DDR4 RGB is now available in 16GB modules in speeds of 3000MHz and 3200MHz as individual modules and kits of 2 and 4 up to 64GB. Predator DDR4 RGB features synchronised RGB lighting with HyperX Infrared Sync technology, allowing multiple modules to sync LED lighting and produce an exceptional colour and pattern display. Powered directly from the motherboard, this patented technology provides an enhanced visual experience of RGB memory for gaming, overclocking PCs and DIY system builds.
HyperX Predator DDR4 RGB 16GB Module Specifications
Part Number Frequency Timings Voltage Capacity MSRP
- HX430C15PB3A/16 3000MHz 15-17-17 1.35V 16GB $167
- HX430C15PB3AK2/32 3000MHz 15-17-17 1.35V 32GB (Kit of 2) $334
- HX430C15PB3AK4/64 3000MHz 15-17-17 1.35V 64GB (Kit of 4) $667
- HX432C16PB3A/16 3200MHz 16-18-18 1.35V 16GB $170
- HX432C16PB3AK2/32 3200MHz 16-18-18 1.35V 32GB (Kit of 2) $339
- HX432C16PB3AK2/64 3200MHz 16-18-18 1.35V 64GB (Kit of 4) $677
- Singles: 16GB, Kits of 2: 32GB, Kits of 4: 64GB
- Frequencies: 3000MHz, 3200MHz
- Operating Temperatures: 0oC to 70oC
- Dimensions: 133.35mm x 42.2mm
- HyperX Pulsefire Raid RGB Gaming Mouse: The HyperX Pulsefire Raid RGB mouse is designed for gamers who need additional buttons for key binding or to execute a variety of commands. HyperX Pulsefire Raid features 11 programmable buttons and is designed with a Pixart 3389 sensor for accuracy and speed with settings up to 16,000 DPI. Customisable native DPI settings allow gamers to monitor settings with an LED indicator. In addition, the mouse includes Omron switches with 20M click reliability. Pulsefire Raid is designed for accurate, fluid and responsive tracking, without acceleration. Using HyperX NGenuity software, gamers can assign personalised macro functions to the 11 programmable keys and store them in a macro library.
- HyperX Cloud Alpha Purple Edition: The Cloud Alpha Purple Edition features HyperX dual chamber technology to deliver accurate game sound with incredible range and tone. With 50mm drivers, the dual chambers tune and separate the bass from the mids and highs, creating a dynamic sound that makes gaming, music and movies immersive. Cloud Alpha is designed to deliver the ultimate comfort for hours of extended gameplay with premium HyperX signature memory foam, an expanded headband featuring softer, more pliable leatherette, and a durable, lightweight aluminium frame design. The headset features a detachable cable with in-line audio control allowing console gamers to adjust volume and mute microphone right on the cable with multi-platform compatibility.
- Expanded HyperX Cloud MIX Availability: Originally released in the U.S., the HyperX Cloud MIX is now available globally. The Cloud MIX features HyperX Dual Chamber Technology and 40mm drivers for vivid and accurate sound and is designed for gamers wanting a wired connection for console and PC gaming and a Bluetooth option for on-the-go entertainment. Cloud Mix is Hi-Res Audio certified and meets Hi-Res sound requirements up to 40,000KHz. Cloud MIX features a detachable braided cable and is compatible in wired mode with platforms with 3.5mm ports and compatibility in wireless mode with Bluetooth-ready media devices for up to 20 hours of use. When unplugged and paired with a Bluetooth phone or device, the Cloud MIX is a lifestyle-ready headset.
The new HyperX products will be on display and demonstrated at CES during CES Unveiled, Pepcom Digital Experience and in the HyperX demo suite at the Venetian Hotel (Tower Suite #30-236), 7-10 January.
The new products will be available through HyperX’s network of retail and e-tail outlets later in 2019.