As the two-year mark comes around, Blizzard and the Overwatch team will be celebrating the games second anniversary From May 22 through June 12, on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Overwatch Anniversary will bring in a host of new content, including more than 50 fresh cosmetic items and the newest Deathmatch map, Petra! Additionally, the event will bring back all seasonal cosmetic items, as well as some past seasonal brawls.
See below for more info:
- The Anniversary event will include more than 50 new items, including eight Legendary skins and three epic skins
- New dance emotes have been added for Doomfist, Moira, and Brigitte
YOUR FAVORITES ARE BACK
- The Anniversary event will bring back previous seasonal cosmetic items, including your favorite dance emotes from last year’s celebration
- Past seasonal brawls are returning to the Arcade and will be rotated daily, including those found in Overwatch: Archives
- The Anniversary event will introduce the brand-new Deathmatch map, Petra
- In addition to Petra, Deathmatch will include a new Competitive Mode, which will feature placement matches, skill rating tiers, and leaderboards
- Players who log in for the Anniversary event will receive one bonus Legendary Anniversary Loot Box, which will guarantee one Legendary item
- Players who purchase the 50 Loot Box Bundle will receive one bonus Legendary Anniversary Loot Box
- All previous seasonal event loot will be included in loot boxes for the duration of the event
- Overwatch and the Anniversary event will be playable during our Free Weekend, which will run from May 25 through May 29
- For those playing Overwatch on PlayStation, a PlayStation Plus account WILL NOT be required to play during Free Weekend
- A new version of Overwatch, Legendary Edition, will be released digitally on May 22
- Legendary Edition will include sets of Legendary, Epic, and Origin skins for a total of 15 skins with purchase
Enjoy the Overwatch Anniversary celebrations!