From May 27–31, every time a player plays a Quick Play or Competitive Overwatch match wearing an Overwatch League team hero skin, they’ll earn one point for that Overwatch League team. The Overwatch League will total all points and announce the winning team on June 3, and the top Overwatch League team wins an Instagram takeover on @overwatchleague.
To earn points for their favourite team, fans can follow a few simple rules:
- This competition only applies to Quick Play and Competitive game modes.
- Players must complete the map in order to get a point for their team. If a map goes to overtime, players still need to be there at the end.
- It’s OK if players are eliminated during a match and need to switch to another hero. As long as a hero was in a team skin sometime during the match, and the player completes that match, they’ll get credit.
- Both home and away team skins earn 1 point.
- Fans can also play along on Twitter by tweeting #MyOWLTeam and tagging the account of their favorite team to earn that team a point.
- This competition is open to all players, in all regions, on all platforms.
Fans can follow along with which teams are getting the most points on the Overwatch League Twitter. Skins in the Game ends on May 31. For more information, visit https://overwatchleague.com/en-gb/news/22988181/.
Stage 3 begins on June 6. Keep up with all of the latest Overwatch League news and content on the Overwatch League website, as well as on Twitter, Twitch, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. Subscribe to the Overwatch League newsletter to receive the latest updates from the league.