Overwatch players, modders, and budding game developers can now create games in previously unimaginable ways with a brand-new feature—Workshop! Now available on the Public Test Realm on PC, players can create a Script within Workshop to add Rules and unique play Conditions on top of the established Overwatch game modes they already know and love. Rules can do things like change how a hero’s movement and abilities work, modify how players are damaged or healed, or even display text under certain circumstances.
Workshop Key Features
- Create your own scripts for customized game modes in Overwatch
- Share/link out to your own game mode without navigating through menus in game
- Debug issues with their scripts using the Workshop Inspector
- Games created by Workshop will live on the Custom Game Browser
- Workshop will be available on Console and PC
To access Workshop on the PTR and start creating a script, while in game, click Play > Game Browser> Create > Settings > Workshop.
The Overwatch team is offering two new game modes created through Workshop to give players an idea of what’s possible:
- Molten Floor: Stay off the floor, it’s deadly lava.
- Mirrored Deathmatch (FFA): Players wage deathmatch as the same mirrored hero, rotating heroes every minute; the player with the most kills wins.