Paradox Development Studio will release the newest add-on to the historical grand strategy classic Europa Universalis IV on March 20. Rule Britannia is an immersion pack that adds greater depth to the British Isles while adding new content for every nation including new approaches to technology and the early industrial revolution.
In Rule Britannia, players will have the chance to push their late game economy to even higher levels through the discovery of coal. Highly developed provinces in some regions will discover this precious resource, allowing rulers to build furnaces that improve goods production across the country.
Other features of Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia include:
- New British Missions: Exclusive Mission Trees for England, Scotland, Ireland and Great Britain, embedded in the new Europa Universalis IV mission system (coming with the 1.25 update).
- Innovativeness: Earn rewards for being the first nation to unlock new knowledge, including lower power costs.
- Naval Doctrine: Adopt a general strategy for your fleets, giving you bonuses to ship maintenance, trade power or battle performance.
- Anglicanism: A new Protestant faith can appear in England with new bonuses and religious choices.
- Knowledge Sharing: Help your lagging allies or subjects by promoting the spread of institutions in their realms.
- Trade Steering: Force your defeated enemies to have their merchants fill your coffers.
- New Unit and Music Packs: Our artists and composers have new treats for Rule Britannia players, including new army designs for British and Irish nations (including Northumberland and Cornwall) as well as new music to set the mood.
Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia will be available in the Paradox store and on Steam on March 20 for the suggested retail price of $9.99.