Project Haven is the squad tactics game to keep an eye on, according to the judges of the WN Unreal Development Contest. Coming away with two Best Game awards out of more than 550 entrants, Portuguese studio Code Three Fifty One (previously Foresight Games) can add another two accolades to their already-impressive collection. A bulging trophy case befitting one of the most exciting tactical games on the horizon.
Already an Epic MegaGrants recipient and showcased at multiple events in 2020, Project Haven won Best Game awards from both XSolla and Remote Control Productions at the WN Dev Contest. Project Haven is a game of tactical urban squad combat set in a gritty near-future dystopia. Due for release in 2022, it offers an intense and challenging story-driven campaign, along with procedurally generated skirmish, co-op and PvP modes.
Inspired by 90s genre classics such as Jagged Alliance and the original MicroProse X-Com series, Project Haven takes a more granular, simulationist approach to combat. Every bullet is ballistically modelled, every piece of cover is a potential life-saver and every hit taken weakens the body part affected. Turns can be interrupted by enemy actions far beyond quick pot-shots, leading to messy, bloody and unpredictable battles against fierce AI. There’s a lot to look forward to in Project Haven – the awards are well-earned.
Code Three Fifty One will be showing off more of Project Haven’s larger-than-life mercenary characters, the game’s story and plenty more combat during E3, plus a playable demo during the Steam Next Fest on June 16th. In the meantime, check out the new gallery of gameplay screenshots below.
- A free-aiming system that allows you to take control of your mercs directly and manually shoot from an over-the-shoulder perspective, then pop behind cover to protect yourself from counterattacks.
Locational damage, letting you wing your enemies with a shot to the arm to reduce accuracy, slow their movement with a hit to the legs, or boost damage with a precise headshot.
- An advanced cover system lets you adjust the stance of each merc with just two clicks. Peeking over cover or leaning round a wall exposes yourself, but provides vital lines of sight.
- Mature storytelling: Learn the harsh realities of a seething megacity full of desperation and dark secrets. Witness the gritty lives of mercs and NPCs, and experience a story-driven campaign with fully voiced and motion-captured characters and cinematics.
- Rpg character building: Command a group of mercenaries, each with their own unique personality and attitude towards other characters. Improve their attributes and unlock new skills as they gain experience and level up.
- Advanced weapon mechanics: Magazine management, chambered bullets, and different types of ammo for different situations. Calibers and ammunition types affect how far and how well projectiles penetrate and damage their target.
Skirmish, co-op & PvP: Play through the campaign mode with 1-4 players, or skirmish in randomly generated maps, fighting against friends or AI, alone or in co-op.
Project Haven launches next year, with a playable demo coming to Steam on June 16th.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here