Goa based indie developer Frostwood Interactive announce the release date for Rainswept, a point and click murder mystery adventure game due out on February 1st, 2019.
Rainswept follows the cold midnight shootings of Christopher Green and Diane Miller, residents of Pineview with a troubled reputation.
Detective Michael Stone enters the small town of Pineview to assist the local police force with a seemingly simple case – A couple is found dead in their kitchen. The locals believe it to be a case of murder-suicide, their speculation fueled by rumors of the turbulent nature of the couple’s relationship.
Is it just idle gossip, or is there some truth to the rumors?
- A Story-First Approach emphasizing dramatic cut-scenes, dialogue choices, dream and flashback sequences.
- Multiple Perspectives. Relive key moments off Chris and Diane’s love affair as they get to know each other and fall in love.
- An Opinionated Cast of interactive small-town personalities, persons of interest, uncooperative government officials, choices of dialogue and a few personal demons.
- Surreal and Stylish 2D Artwork to complement Pineview’s part-rain swept, part-sun washed streets with dramatic cinematography, gradient lighting and parallax environments.
- An Original Score by micAmic of The Cat Lady, Downfall and Lorelai fame.
- Coffee, cigarettes and pines.