DreadStar: The Quest for Revenge has launched. Its received huge praise on Steam and its developer, Augmented Irreality, have their eyes firmly set on its future.
From leaderboards to a Gauntlet mode that fresh Bounty Hunters can push through in a traditional arcade format, the roadmap also highlights a key addition: a custom level editor that will allow players to create and share their own devilish maps.
DreadStar blends RPG elements into the shmup genre, including level-ups, skill points and ship upgrades, without putting players through bullet hell. With 6 replayable sectors, multiple difficulty settings, leveling, skill points, ship upgrades, numerous customization options and weapons ranging from the Gauss Cannons to Hadron Exploders, DreadStar offers plenty of bang-for-your-buck for just $9.99.
- Fast shoot ’em up gameplay with epic boss encounters.
- 4 different ships and 10 different weapons to annihilate your opponents.
- Tons of customization options from armors and engines, to shields and special items.
- Gain experience, level-ups and skill points to incrementally improve your ship’s strength.
- 6 replayable sectors filled with unique enemies, bosses and minibosses.
- 3 difficulty settings for every sector, where you’ll need to improve both your skill and your ship to progress.
- Gorgeous pixel art cutscenes and a kick-ass chiptunes soundtrack made on the famed Atari-ST and ZX Spectrum.
- A 4:3 display and CRT mode for that authentic retro experience.
DreadStar can be purchased on Steam, here.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here