What better way to celebrate at this time of year than letting players loose in Santa’s Workshop, and put a festive hat on Lizard Doggo! That’s just one of the Christmas treats awaiting players in the critically-acclaimed, immersive, open-world factory simulator Satisfactory. No wonder it powered to #10 of the Steam250 for this year, the official top 250 best Steam games according to gamer reviews as it launches a festive Christmas update!
For an overview of the game, Satisfactory is a vast first-person factory builder set on an exotic alien planet. Playable for 1-4 players, Satisfactory focuses on space exploration and the freedom to build complex, unlimited structures. You can see the launch trailer here.
This year’s Christmas update comes bursting with festive parts, buildings, equipment, all available to unlock throughout December through the FICSmas Advent Calendar. From Snowball fights to Candy Cane Bashers, here is a quick overview of what players can expect to find under the fac-tree (sorry…) in the morning:
- Ten new festive parts, from snowballs, Christmas Tree decorations, candy canes and wreaths.
- Seven building decors:
- Large Candy Cane Decor
- Snowman Decor
- Snow Dispenser Decor (can be placed on ceilings, creates snow particles)
- Wreath Decor (can be placed on walls)
- Light Line (alternative Power Line with xmas lights)
- Huge Xmas Tree Decor (starts bare, is upgraded in 4 steps to fully decorated)
- Gift Tree (produces Gift parts, conveyor belt can be attached for automation)
- A Candy Cane themed xeno-basher, and a Snowball pile which explode on impact
- Outside of these unlockables, the broader game will be getting a new festive lick of paint, and there is plenty more for players to discover, including:
- Lizard Doggo wearing a reindeer outfit
- Jump Pads shooting snow and make jingle sounds when used
- Packagers spewing Xmas particles
- Collectable Gift Bundles raining from the sky
- Pioneers wearing Santa Hats
- Power poles decorated with Xmas wreaths
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here