Shadowgate will be heading to consoles this Fall 2018 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
This new console version builds upon the massively re-imagined point-and-click PC version of the original Shadowgate and features a refined user interface and wheel-based command system to create a console-friendly experience.
If you’re unfamiliar with the franchise, Shadowgate is a point-and-click adventure in which players take on the role of “The Seed of Prophecy,” travelling deep into the Living Castle in hopes of defeating the evil that dwells within – the dreaded Warlock Lord.
- First Person Adventuring: Utilize your inventory, mapping system, and intuitive UI to complete your quest.
- Dangerous Dungeons: Tons of beautifully illustrated rooms featuring both new and familiar locations, offering a new gameplay experience.
- Mind-bending Puzzles: Lots of new and updated puzzles that seamlessly expand on the original game.
- Difficulty Levels: Four different difficulty levels (from the novice to expert) that actually change the gameplay experience and puzzle structure. For the ultimate challenge, try Ironman mode that disables saves and requires players to finish the game in one try.
- Retro Mode: Play the game like it’s 1989! Toggle on to listen to Hiroyuki Masuno’s original NES chiptunes, move between rooms with pixelated transitions and follow the text in retro format.
- Storytelling: Shadowgate features dramatic cut-scenes and all the same great storytelling you expect from the original creators.
- Cinematic Score: A digitally-orchestrated, dynamic soundtrack that changes with gameplay by composer Rich Douglas.
- Soundscapes: A complete atmospheric and puzzle-based sound design featuring hundreds of sound effects.
- A variety of Achievements and Trophies to unlock