Ship of Heroes has upgraded to the latest version of the Unreal 4 Epic Engine, 4.24! For most of 2019 the game has been in version 4.21, which helped the game developers with stability and consistency throughout the year while they developed and tested major new systems. Now they have accomplished a significant upgrade to 4.24, which will help in several areas, so they are getting a lot done. Of course, there’s always more to do.
- Beautiful skies, both for day and for the night – our Truesky plugin is not available in newer engine versions, so we need to recreate the day/night cycle we had in an earlier version of SoH without it. We are working hard on this right now, and while it is not done, it is going well.
- We’ve solved the memory leak we found during the CCT Beta using 4.24 features.
- 24 lets us make a significant costume and character art workflow improvement. This will help us to be faster in turning out new costumes.
- We’re replacing Popcorn FX since it also did not follow us to 4.24, and we’re generally improving FX using the Epic Niagara system.
- We’ve been adding features and improvements to the CCT since the Beta, in response to the requests of over 500 participants. Thank you all for the feedback! And we’re especially proud to say that everything in the CCT works as planned. Every morph, and every piece of clothing or armour.
- While it is not a function of the engine upgrade, we’ve made huge progress with animations. Our team of animators has been working steadily all through 2019 and is continuing in 2020. We have the animations in place, mostly polished, for 18 full powersets.
Updating the engine is a big deal, but it’s not the only thing they have been doing since the start of the new year. Thet have taken the time to review comments from their CCT Beta event and added two new headpieces for the female body type, a variety of alien-shaped ears, and a feline-styled eye mask, among other items.
The CCT has a new hairstyle now, for all those who felt there wasn’t enough variety available before.
They have added several new interior map instances so that no hero is stuck clearing out the same six warehouses when Prometheans come a-calling.
In addition, we’ve incorporated several new pieces of music to Ship of Heroes, including one piece to serve as the background music for the upcoming City Hall instance interior.
As mentioned in previous newsletters, the developers plan on having an Invasion Beta event some time in Q2. In the meantime, they plan on having several more updates showing off new costumes, the interior of City Hall, and possibly some upgraded power sets. At some point, they are also going to discuss crafting in SoH, which is being developed right now.
You can sort the game development if you wish by going here https://www.shipofheroes.com/donation/
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here