Did you just receive a Nintendo gift card and you have no idea how to redeem it? Well, you’re not alone because a lot of Nintendo users face the same problem. We all love gift cards; it doesn’t matter whether they’re the type of cards that can be spent on game stores or in retail stores. Some people receive these cards and have no idea of what to do with them, but in this post we’ll outline how to redeem your Nintendo switch gift card, and once you redeem these cards, you can buy whatever product you like from the Nintendo eShop. But before that let’s outline some of the things you can do with your Nintendo gift card.
What Can You Order With Your Nintendo Gift Card?
Pay For Subscription
As you might already know, most of the gaming consoles we have out there like PlayStation and Xbox have a monthly subscription that offer lots of benefits. The Nintendo switch isn’t different either, they offer cheap monthly subscription than other gaming consoles, for just $3.99/Month you’ll be able to receive a lot of benefits from using the Nintendo switch. You can as well pay for three months or yearly which cost $7.99 or $19.99 respectively. Your Nintendo gift card can be redeemed and used to pay these subscriptions, once the money shows up in your account, you can subscribe without the need of using credit card or PayPal. The Nintendo membership will allow you to play games on your switch for free or at a very cheap rate.
Order hardware products
The Nintendo eShop has a lot of accessories, right from hardware components to games and other applications. If you don’t want to take the hard way by visiting stores in order to buy these accessories, you can use your Nintendo gift cards to order any accessory from the eShop. To keep things short, you can order anything from the Nintendo eShop, and the cards are available in both small and large units starting from $5 and above, each online retail store has their own units available.
Let’s now go ahead and share how to redeem your Nintendo gift cards.
How To Redeem Nintendo Gift Cards
How To Redeem Nintendo Switch Gift Cards With Your PC
- Open your browser and visit the Nintendo official website; Nintendo.com
- Select ‘Game Store’ from the menu and choose all games. Select the game or item you wish to order.
- Add the game into your cart and proceed to buy
- You’ll be asked how you wish to pay.
- In the payment options you should select ‘Nintendo eShop Card’, This is the option that allows you enter your card details and proceed with the payment.
- Enter the pin code on your Nintendo gift card.
- If your code is valid, the equivalent amount on the card will be deposited in your eShop account and you’ll be able to proceed with the payment.
These are just the simple steps for pc, let’s now show you how to redeem with your Nintendo switch.
How To Redeem Nintendo Gift Cards On Your Switch
- Open the Nintendo eShop using your Switch. You have to make sure you have a good internet connection.
- Once you open the eShop, you’ll see a lot of options, you should select ‘Enter Code’.
- You now see the field to enter you card pin/codes.
- The money will now be deposited in your account.
- Another option for redeeming your Nintendo gift card on your switch is by following the same method on Pc, instead selecting the ‘enter code’ option, you go straight and choose the game you wish to order and then select to pay with your gift card during order. You’ll then be given the option to enter your card details and you can now complete your purchase.
These are the simple steps for redeeming your Nintendo gift cards.
What Do You Do When Your Card Doesn’t Work?
It’s possible that your card might failed to work, you’ll end up receiving the Error Code: ‘2813-6838 (Prepaid Card Not Working)’. Here are some of the steps to rectify the problem.
Check your codes to ensure pin is correct
It’s very common to type the wrong codes on the card and hence you won’t be able to redeem the card. Crosscheck again and ensure you’ve added the pin correctly.
You should wait
Sometimes there can be server problems and it’s recommended that you wait up to 24 hours and then try again. Also make sure that your internet connection is very strong.
Check with your retail seller
You should contact the seller you purchase the cards from to confirm if the cards have been activated.
If the seller has verified the card is active, you should then contact customer support from the Nintendo official website or forum. Send your card details and they’ll be able to assist you.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here