Raiser Games and Protocol Games have announced that Song of Horror, the fresh new take on the survival horror adventure, has today launched on Steam – making its debut on Halloween, fittingly enough.
Adding the threat of permadeath to a thrilling paranormal story, Song of Horror is the tale of the famed but now elusive writer Sebastian P. Husher – a man who, along with his entire family, has gone missing without rhyme or reason. In the first episode, the player steps into this mystery taking on any one of 13 different characters in order to piece together Husher’s final steps and apparent demise, all while coping with a string of events that lift the lid on something truly frightening: a nameless, dark entity known only as The Presence.
The first two episodes of five that comprise Song of Horror launch today, each one paying homage to classics of the survival horror genre.
The first – which sees the player encounter The Presence for the first time – tips its hat to Infogrames’ classic series Alone in the Dark, while episode two will be especially pleasing for any fans of the phenomenal Silent Hill. Indeed, the second episode furthers the plot by moving out of Husher’s mansion and into Färber’s Antique Shop, casting more light on the supernatural forces at work in play and unraveling the mystery behind the game’s titular haunted music box.
The first episode of Song of Horror can be picked up on Steam today for $7.99/€7.99/£6.99, while the second episode can either be purchased individually today for $7.99/€7.99/£6.99, or as part of the Season Pass that will unlock a further three episodes on top of the original two in the months ahead for $21.99/€21.99/£18.99. In addition, players can also purchase the Founder Limited Edition for $19.99/€19.99/£17.14.
To mark the game’s launch, the development team is going to stream Song of Horror on Steam live on Halloween!
Starting at 3pm GMT/4pm CET/11am EST/8am PT, the team will doing four simultaneous streamings with the four different playable characters of the first episode, sharing development stories, quirky anecdotes, cool references, all while styled by a professional makeup artist to honour the festivities. The team also invite fans to share their freaky Halloween costumes and Song of Horror gameplays on social media with the hashtag #SongOfHorrorLivestream.
In Song of Horror, you will: –
- Investigate a paranormal mystery wrapped up in a story of psychological horror.
- Tangle with The Presence, an otherworldly entity with its own adaptive A.I. that reacts to your actions and decisions to deliver an unscripted, unpredictable slice of horror.
- Choose between a group of unique characters, each one bringing their own point of view to play with a different relationship with both the story and other characters.
- When characters die, they die for good, but the horror continues…
- …with the investigation picked up by a new character, tackling the story from a unique perspective, but one affected by their predecessor’s actions.
- Explore haunted, sinister locations to gather clues to piece together the mystery behind the missing Sebastian P. Husher.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here