Thunderful Publishing & Carry Castle have revealed that the next big update for rogue-lite action RPG Source of Madness – a Lovecraftian odyssey powered by procedural generation and AI machine learning, that generates unique horrors for you to face on every run – is out now.
The They Came From The Deep update adds two new biomes, a new class and themed decorations to celebrate Halloween. In the Plateau of Leng players will find themselves in a strange location where realities converge and a corpse-eating cult roams its warped landscapes. Another flavour of madness lies in wait at the City of R’lyeh, an ancient construction of non-euclidean proportions that feels as if it’s spent eons waiting for the end of all things. The new Bloodmancer class starts players off with a blood band, gives them 50% less life, but adds the ability to gain life whenever they kill a monster or detach a limb.
Source of Madness sees you take on the role of a new Acolyte as they embark on a nightmarish odyssey. Uncover the cosmic secrets of the Loam Lands and The Tower of Madness, the moon’s mysterious Citadel. Battle billions of procedurally generated monsters with powerful spells, conquer epic bosses and explore gothic-inspired locations on a journey that blends roguelike progression with RPG-esque character building.
Carry Castle will be rolling out major updates each month during the Early Access period as it leads up to launch:
November 15th – Foul Magic:
- New biome, Planet of Yith – the former, abandoned home of the great race of Yith.
- New Stormcaller class – harness the power of the heavens to unleash lightning-based abilities.
- New boss – Act 2 will be brought to a close by an encounter with the terrifying Nyarlathothep.
- New experimental classes and magic.
December 13th – Update #6:
- Information on this update to be revealed when it launches, in addition to details on the plans leading up to the launch for Source of Madness.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here