French indie game studio The Game Bakers, creators of Furi, are releasing their classic tactical RPG Squids Odyssey on Steam today.
Squids Odyssey follows the adventures of a band of unlikely Squid heroes fighting back to save their underwater kingdom from a murky black ooze. The Squids engage in battles against their oily enemies using their heads! But the game is not just about gorgeous cartoon art, jaunty music and humorous storytelling: the battles provide a deep challenge as strategy and skill are required to use the environment and the Squids’ abilities to lead the team to victory!
“Squids has been sometimes overlooked as a family / kid only game, but it’s a RPG with tons of content and real challenge. There’s even a Pro Mode for the hardcore players” said Emeric Thoa, the game Creative Director.
With more than 90 levels, 3 chapters of the story, 15 heroes to recruit, the new version offers more than 15 hours of play, even without the Pro Mode.
Key features from Squids Odyssey:
- A challenging tactical RPG: hero classes, stat-boosting helmets, power-ups and the environment add a strategic element to the role-playing gameplay.
- Build your party from 15 Squids in 4 classes: shooters, scouts, troopers, and healers, and boost their abilities with 65+ barmy helmets.
- Engage in 90+ missions for more than 15 hours of gameplay
- An expert Pro Mode, with completely redesigned missions, doubles the challenge and the game length!
- Battle your way through Greek citadels, tropical coral reefs, old West inspired towns and Japanese temples to save your underwater world!
- Includes all content previously released in the Squids series with tons of improvement and tweaks.
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Korean and Simplified Chinese.
- 2 million players have enjoyed the game on the different platforms.
Squids Odyssey on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/822640/Squids_Odyssey