After five years of empire building, political intrigue and galactic warfare on an epic scale, Solid Clouds have announced that Starborne, its science-fiction MMORTS, is about to unleash the ultimate, final challenge of its Alpha lifecycle with the Tournament Server launching on December 1st.
As Starborne approaches the launch of its Open Beta in early 2020, the Tournament Server will offer players a fitting finale to the Alpha stage that will test them like never before. An epic story, new mechanics and rules, more coalitions comprised of more players, brand new in-game rewards, all resulting in the ultimate struggle for the ultimate victory and galactic domination.
Stefan Gunnarsson, CEO and Lead Designer, commented,
“The Tournament Server is something that we have been developing for some time in conjunction with our community who have contributed towards the rule-set that will be used. It will include a great number of game mechanics that will give players an insight into where Starborne will be once the Open Beta launches next year. Participation in the tournament will also be rewarded to ensure that newer players are also encouraged to play alongside our more experienced veterans.”
An overview of the special rules and features for the Alpha Tournament Server:
- Entry Requirements – Premium Account status or having built six stations in any server
- Shop Closed – Only cosmetics, Premium Account status and Premium Factions will be available
- Station Building – Complete rework from the ground up
- Multiple Rewards – Participation, Survival and Victory Rewards to be won in-game
- Bigger Coalitions – Coalitions will facilitate 100 players in total, increased from 60
- Earlier Lockdown – Alliance and Coalition lockdowns will happen on Day 29 (beginning of week five)
- No More Navy Base – Navy Base is removed from the game
- Return to Sender – Alliance/Coalition structures will automatically return fleets if they are over the fleet cap
- Bug Smashing – The development team will be spending a significant amount of time smashing bugs prior to (and during) the Tournament Server
For more information and to register to play for free, visit https://starborne.com
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here