HTC is celebrating the launch of the VIVE Cosmos, its latest premium PC-based Virtual Reality (VR) system, and has teamed up with BBC Studios to offer Doctor Who fans the chance to embark on an adventure with the Doctor by stepping into the legendary TARDIS (spoiler: it’s bigger on the inside).
On Friday 27th and Saturday 28th September, visitors to the Protein Studios experience in Hackney will be fully immersed in the sci-fi world of Doctor Who through the riveting new VR experience ‘Doctor Who: The Edge of Time’.
Attendees will be amongst the first to try ‘Doctor Who: The Edge of Time’, produced by Maze Theory for BBC Studios, and have the chance to take up the role of the Doctor’s assistant. After stepping into the TARDIS, players will interact with the Doctor themselves and will try to pilot the spacecraft – which is temperamental at the best of times – before embarking on an epic adventure to solve the mystery behind the ‘Reality Virus’.
During the event, visitors will use HTC’s newly released VR headset, the VIVE Cosmos, which is built to be the highest performance and most versatile headset on the market.
Fans can sign up for a free 15-minute slot at https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/htcvive or simply turn up on the day to secure a walk-in slot (subject to availability). Please note, players must be aged 12+.
- Dates: Friday 27th September between 10.30am – 7pm and Saturday 28th September 2019 10am – 4pm
- How much: Free to attend
- How: Members of the public can sign up for a slot on Ticket Source via https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/htcvive
- Where: Protein Studios, 31 New Inn Yard, Hackney, London EC2A 3EY
- Nearest tube: 10 min walk from Old Street underground station or 5 min walk from Shoreditch High Street Overground station
- Please note: Players must be aged 12+