This week, we have a new Dialogue Pt. 1 screenshot batch, patch updates for the NA/EU versions, and character website updates for the upcoming June release of Super Neptunia RPG:
- Screenshots: Dialogue Pt. 1
- Patch Updates for the NA/EU release
- System Update: Magic Stones • Magic Stone Switches, Quests, Hunt Quests
- Character Profile Update: Purple Heart, Black Heart, White Heart, Vert, Histoire
Super Neptunia RPG is headed for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch, physically and digitally, in North America on June 25 and in Europe on June 28! The Steam version will launch on June 20.
Steam users can grab the Deluxe Bundle at a permanent 20% discount, which includes the game and the Deluxe Pack.
The Deluxe Pack will also have its own weeklong 20% launch discount and includes:
- Character Art Collection
- Background Art Collection
- Rough Art Collection
- PC Wallpapers (x2)
- Mobile Wallpapers (x5)
- Official Soundtrack
The PS4 release will have two slightly modified CGs. The Nintendo Switch and Steam version will contain all original CGs. Gameplay for all platforms has not been changed from the original Japanese release.
Developed by Artisan Studios in Canada, this game brings the characters of the self-referential Neptunia™ series to life in a whole new 2D way. Each character was hand-drawn by Tsunako, the artist behind the series, then animated by computer magic to create a world that’s mysteriously gone from three dimensions to two. Explore side-scrolling dungeons and fight in turn-based battles to settle the debate once and for all – which games are better: 2D or 3D!
For the Western release of Super Neptunia RPG, we would like to note that a patch has been created for the PS4, Switch, and Steam versions of the game to address issues in the original Japanese release:
- Updates on animations
- Updates on object placement
- Fixed some conditions that would prevent a cutscene from playing
- Added the type-style text during cutscenes
- Improved audio synchronization during certain cut-scenes
- Fixed some instances of audio corruption
- Fixed an issue where multiple audio files play at the same time
- Fixed some voice issues
- Added some missing voices
- Better balancing on some quests, skills, and weapons
- Fixed conditions that prevented a quest’s completion
- Fixed icons to match their items
- Fixed some text issues
- Fixed an issue where players could not cancel the use of an item
- Fixed an issue that could prevent an ability to work as intended
- Fixed an issue where a fight would not start in Goddess Mode when it should
- Fixed some collision and bound issues
- Fixed some text issues that would now show on-screen
- Fixed a Break Attack animation that would play off-screen
- Fixed an issue where Puddingo would not show in certain conditions
- Fixed an issue that could prevent a fight from finishing when using fast forward
- Fixed an issue where a cutscene is played in the wrong order
- Updates on the Settings menu
- Fixed an issue where the cursor goes off-screen
- Added scrolling for longer text
- Added a sorting functionality in the menu
- Stability improvement
- Improved menu navigation
- Optimized camera during exploration and cutscenes
- Changed the saves order from most recent to oldest
- Fixed an issue where an enemy would remain on the screen after winning a battle
- Fixed some navigation issues with the D-pad
- Added some success/fail feedback when fleeing battle
SYSTEM UPDATES: MAGIC STONES • MAGIC STONE SWITCHES, QUESTS, HUNT QUESTS
Magic Stones • Magic Stone Switches: Throughout the game, players will find various switches in cities and dungeons. Examine a stone switch to activate a challenge and collect Magic Stones by touching them. Collecting all the Magic Stones within the time limit will clear the challenge and they can be repeated if a player fails to collect all the Magic Stones. Players can use the Magic Stones as in-game currency to purchase more items!
Quests: NPCs within cities and dungeons can provide quests with beneficial rewards. There are two types of quests: Extermination or Collect/Deliver. Defeat a certain amount of enemies or collect a certain amount of items and deliver it back to the NPC for your rewards. Note that players cannot decline a quest once accepted.
Hunt Quests: Each city has a Guild where players can accept Hunt Quests from them. By accepting a Hunt Quest, a target monster will appear within a specific dungeon. Depending on the target monster, there are times when they can hide in an area not displayed on the dungeon map. Each Hunt Quest has a recommended level ranging from Lv 5 – 100, but players can challenge themselves without regard for the levels. Defeat the target monster for experience points and item drops!
DIALOGUE PT. 1 SCREENSHOT BATCH
The Dialogue Pt. 1 screenshot batch showcase a wide range of sticky situations that Neptune and her friends get stuck in. The self-referential dialogue that Neptunia fans and newcomers will enjoy is heavily reflected in this 2D universe! Neptune and her friends must traverse through these hand-drawn, vibrant 2D worlds in hopes of defeating the villainous Bombyx Mori and avoid being flattened into two dimensions!