Numskull Games has announced that SuperEpic, a Metroidvania-style adventure game from indie developer Undercoders, is coming to retail for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch on March 20th!
The SuperEpic: Badge Collector’s Edition includes a physical copy of the game for your chosen platform, as well as a collector’s display box featuring 6 high quality pin badges, based on characters from the hit indie game. Limited to 5,000 copies on the Nintendo Switch and 3,000 copies on the PS4, this is sure to be a sought-after collector’s item! (Standard edition also available)
Continuing the satirical theme on microtransactions, levelling and powering up is based on an in-game economy system (there aren’t any real-life microtransactions, of course!)
- Two game modes – play a classic single-player story mode with handcrafted levels, or a roguelike mode which procedurally generates the game map to make each run completely different
- Cross-media experience – hidden QR codes launch mini-games to play on your mobile when scanned, uncovering secrets in the main game
- 8 hours of gameplay – a first run on the story mode will take roughly 8 hours, but the procedural mode provides endless fun
- 16-bit era graphics – super fluid animations and spectacular bosses, all represented in gorgeous ‘Neo-Geo’-esque 16-bit pixel art
- Original storyline & soundtrack – a story featuring unique, strong characters with plenty of humour and personality, and a soundtrack from SonoTrigger (‘Rise & Shine’, ‘Blue & Bullets’, ‘Supermagical’)
- Completionists – tons of achievements & secrets to unlock for completionists
- Micro-transaction satire – satirises modern gaming practices, with a huge enterprise run by greedy business-pigs which has gradually replaced all the fun in video games with adaptative and addictive algorithms to control people’s minds
- Latest patch on disc/cartridge – the latest update, which includes improvements to the map system, are included on the physical versions for collectors and preservationists
- ‘An undeniably fun game’ – IGN Spain
- ‘One of 2019’s best indie games’ – Cultured Vultures
- ‘SuperEpic is a lot of fun to play’ – Nintendo Life
SuperEpic is available digitally on PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PC now. The Badge Collector’s Edition & a standard physical edition for PS4/Switch are available at Geek Store, Amazon, GAME, and more on March 20th.
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here