Yomuneco Inc has announced new content and competitions to celebrate the first anniversary for its rogue-lite VR action game SWORDS of GARGANTUA. Since first launching in June 2019 for Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Windows Mixed Reality and Oculus Quest, Yomuneco expanded the availability of SWORDS of GARGANTUA by bringing it to HTC VIVE COSMOS and released an Adventure Mode, Tesseract Abyss.
Starting today, new updates include a new 8-player lounge for players to socialize and join games together, new beautifully crafted weapons and the addition of MOD mode for creators. Yomuneco will also host a shield design competition and release even more brand-new weapons for the 1-year anniversary throughout June and July.
Reflecting on Year One from Yomuneco Co-Founder and CSO Kiyoshi Shin:
“On June 7, 2020, ‘Swords of Gargantua’ will be one year old. We were able to reach the first anniversary thanks to all the fans who continued playing. The way you are playing has always encouraged the development team and provided us with new discoveries and challenges. We will continue to do our best to meet your expectations. We hope that you will continue to play and support us to create a future for VR that does not yet exist.”
The Online Lounge is a new area where up to 8 players can come together and socialize. Players can also use emotes to visually express their emotions and this pairs well with the game’s native voice chat. Players can also start 4-player co-op quests through the lounge.
New Weapons: Suzaku & Phoenix
Suzaku and Phoenix are independent one-handed swords. Suzaku is a weapon specializing in attack power, and Phoenix is a weapon specialized in defense. By holding both, players can become an ultimate sword fighter. Participate in in-game events between now and June 26 to unlock these weapons.
MOD Mode (Beta version)
MOD mode is a new mode where players can customize in-game parameters such as the player’s attack, movement speed, or customizing enemy wave types. It has been in alpha for PCVR players, and with this update, it will move into beta and be available for Oculus Quest players, too.
Coming Soon in June and July: Events and Updates
Shield Design Competition
SWORDS of GARGANTUA will host a special shield design competition where one lucky winner’s design will be remade in-game for everyone to use. The competition will run from June 5th through July 3rd. More information about rules can be found on the official Discord event channel: https://discord.gg/UcfNVU3
Two More Mystery Weapons to Come Soon
Brand new weapon designs will be available for players to add to their arsenal of blades. Stay tuned for more information on these weapons over the coming weeks.
PSVR Release Date
Due to the global impact of the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Yomuneco is planning the PSVR release of SWORDS of GARGANTUA for summer 2020.
*Please note that the above information is subject to change. Register for the SWORDS of GARGANTUA Discord channel for updates: https://discord.gg/UcfNVU3
SWORDS of GARGANTUA is a fast-paced rogue-lite action for game 1-4 players featuring realistic swordplay in an immersive VR-enabled online environment. Fight solo or join with up to three others in online co-op, mastering your swordsmanship in blocking, parrying, and attacking, as well as your fighting strategy to defeat the mighty Gargantua!
- Hyper-Realistic VR Swordsmanship: Swing, stab, crush and parry. Wield over 30 discoverable weapons and fight your way through 101 floors of enemies hell bent on stopping you from reaching the colossal end-boss, Gargantua.
- Rogue-lite Action: Each play through gives different floor advancement choices along the way; play it safe, but it’ll take more battles to reach the end, or skip to a deeper level and be cursed with major disadvantages and debuffs while fighting tougher enemies.
- Character Progression: Keep all the weapons, items, coins and stat upgrades collected through each play permanently. Take excess weapons and combine them to make stronger versions to aid in progressively difficult battles.
- Co-op Multiplayer: Play with up to three other adventurers. Call the shots with native voice chat and defeat the mighty Gargantua.
Players can already play SWORDS of GARGANTUA on the following platforms:
- Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/895200/Swords_of_Gargantua/
- Oculus Rift: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/2001971263187898
- Oculus Quest: https://www.oculus.com/experiences/quest/3064046640291676/
- VIVEPORT: https://www.viveport.com/apps/bb242289-9aca-4b5c-8f93-f3a6a51de1b3
If you enjoy games and gaming and want more NEWS from the Gaming World Click Here